DoubleTake by FiLMiC transforms your iPhone into a multi-cam studio allowing you to capture video from two cameras at the same time on recent devices*
*NOTE: Per iOS 13 capabilities, multi-cam video is restricted to the following devices only: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, Xs Max, Xs and Xr. While this app will install and function on all devices supported by iOS 13, all devices outside of this list will be restricted to recording video from on a single camera.
DoubleTake gives you an early look at the multi-cam capability that will be coming to our award-winning cinema camera app FiLMiC Pro.
Use DoubleTake to record video in new ways:
- Camera Visualization: Better than a director’s viewfinder! Use DoubleTake’s camera picker view to visualize all available cameras for your device. Use this view to help decide how to frame your shot and which cameras you will select.
- Shot/Reverse shot: To capture all the organic and intimate interaction between two actors or interviewer and interviewee. Traditionally, filmmakers would need to employ two cameras and place these in cumbersome ‘over the shoulder’ locations. With DoubleTake you can place one device in between your actors and place the audience right in the middle of the conversation.
- Multi-cam: Capture two different focal lengths of the same subject at the same time. Use DoubleTake with the Ultra Wide lens (iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro and 11 only) and the Tele to capture both an establishing shot and a punch-in on your subject simultaneously. Or use any other combination of front and rear lenses for unrivaled multi-cam capture.
- PiP or Discreet: The DoubleTake interface allows you to see both cameras of your video capture at the same time through the use of a Picture in Picture (PiP) window. You can move this PiP around the screen, tap to zoom in, or swipe it away if it’s distracting (the second video will continue to record). With DoubleTake you can decide if you want to record your videos as separate discrete files or if you want the video recorded as a composite video that includes the PiP window animated as you see it on the screen.
- Split-screen: Doubletake also allows you to use any two cameras to create a 50/50 split-screen effect that is saved as a single video. This is great for capturing engaging interviews, or any scenario where two sides of the story need equal weighting on screen.
- Focus & Exposure Controls: DoubleTake allows you to set and lock your focus and exposure on both cameras during multi-cam capture with our unified reticle. Just tap anywhere to set an area of interest with the reticle, then tap again to lock or unlock. Our easy to use camera switcher lets you effortlessly move between your A and B cams during a recording to adjust the focus and exposure for each independently of one another.
- Full frame focus and exposure for smooth and easy automated focus and exposure adjustments.
- Selectable broadcast frame rates: 24fps, 25fps, and 30fps depending on your project requirements.
- 1080p video at high bitrate encoding for maximum quality. (note: 1080p video is the maximum resolution supported by the Apple API for multi-cam capture).
- Composited PiP or separate discreet video files recorded as .h264 .mov files are saved to DoubleTake’s internal library which supports batch export to the Camera Roll.
v1.0.2 of DoubleTake includes the following performance optimizations:
- Improved closing of recordings when backgrounding the app.
- Further performance enhancements to the DoubleTake library.
If you have any questions, suggestions or findings please contact us at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Mixed emotions good first attempt
Long review alert! Basically I am upset because Apple should not have showcased this app in the keynote unless it could deliver the product as advertised. 1. This is a two camera view point. Novel at best. What was shown was four cameras during the keynote. I have a Pro Max. Two of them to be exact. So again my question is, does the four camera feature work at the same time? Will this be a paid function? Or was that all photoshop in the keynote? 2. This shoots in 1080p max resolution it seems. Which means downgrades will be super noisy video. 3. I am still so upset about not having four cameras. 4. This does not have settings like filmic pro. This is really a consumer app. Not even prosumer.
The good is, it does not crash. And it works. I am just not sure why I was told one thing and then given another. I will pay for the features. Just hurry and delivery what you showed us.
Powerful, simple, dope.
This app has very powerful settings in one of the most streamlined interfaces I’ve used. I have an iPhone 11 and am very impressed with the abilities this app has given in its release.
Soooooo many excellent features done VERY well. I haven’t found an issue to concern anyone about, so happy shooting!
>>> Head’s up, the description mentions you are able to shoot and capture video with two lenses at the same time in the same video. If you’re needing more than two for a project (download and enjoy this anyway) hang tight for the Pro version of this app to release the ability to record more than one stream at a time.
Bug found and work around.
When you shoot selfie camera at the same time of wide, the export out of photo library to Mac with finally cut or export directly from double take app via airdrop gives you a flipped Portrait version of selfie camera . My only work around is to flip it in final cut... but then it’s not a true 1080i image,,, or..
Edit on iPhone photo edit... change some property like color and it will export correctly from that library after video has been re-saved.
- FiLMiC Inc
- 12 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 FiLMiC Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.