Have you ever wanted to communicate with dragons?
Dovahzul Dictionary makes it easy to search and translate English into Dovahzul - Skyrim's fictional dragon language!
- About 2000 entries in both English and Dragon language
- Each entry is explained in detail and including sample usage.
- Audio pronunciations are included (experimental feature).
- Supports Handoff which allows continuous browsing between devices.
- Dictionary entries can be searched from Spotlight.
- This application's data is provided from thuum.org with permission.
- This application is not affiliated with Bethesda Softworks, LLC. Skyrim and its fictional language are intellectual of Bethesda Softworks, LLC.
- Dovahzul has learned how to communicate with Spotlight! From now on, dictionary entries can be search from Spotlight
- There's now support Handoff. Search an entry on the app and continue reading about it on your Mac's browser or your other device!
- The app has been tweak a little to be more stable!
- A bug where the language selection bar disappears after tapping the search bar. The language bar has been moved to the top of the view.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good, but has issues
The app is awesome, and is great for learning the fictional language. It is educational and really helped me learn. I found out a lot from studying it.
However, there are some issues I have a problem with. First off there is the issue of “speaking” the word. You have the option to have the app pronounce the Draconic word, but it is super faulty. It’s just a bunch of sounds chopped up from different things, and doesn’t give a good example of how to say the word.
Second, the database doesn’t have as many common words as I would like. However, there does seem to be an option to update it regularly, so this is not a big issue.
In all, if this were to be fixed, it would receive a full 5 stars.
It is too fat on some words so it’s hard to understand sometimes.
Great app. I love having a dictionary that is so easy to access. Certain apps can edit a phones keyboard, and if these developers could find a way to add a keyboard tab with the dragon symbols, or hold a letter and have the symbol pop up as an option, that would be a really cool feature to add.
Developer Response ,
Thank you! Glad you like the app!
Having a keyboard for dragon symbols is awesome and this feature is definitely on my to-do list.
The developer, Phuoc Tran, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.