Welcome to DownBeat, the granddaddy of American music magazines, covering the world of Jazz, Blues & Beyond. Each issue of DownBeat brings you a backstage pass of news, reviews and inside stories about the best music and musicians on the planet. With every issue of DownBeat you'll get:
* Record Reviews—More than 50 new, insightful reviews each month
* The Hot Box—Four critics each review the same four records, a supreme court of jazz
* The DownBeat Interviews—Instant classics written by the best music writers in the world
* The Blindfold Test—The world's most famous listening test in music
* Woodshed—Playing tips, transcriptions and musical advice from our panel of expert jazz educators.
Auto Renewing subscription: *Back issues and future issues are available for purchase within the App.
Future issues are also available through the following auto-renewing subscription(s):
-12 Issues (1 Year) at $19.99 / £14.99
minor bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
DO NOT DOWNLOAD
My content in this app stopped showing up completely. I contacted Downbeat directly and learned that the app developer is no longer in business. Downbeat said they're working on a new app for digital content, so it might be best to hang on until a new app is released.
Downbeat was prompt in getting back to me and offered an alternative way to access content while my subscription is active. If you have an active subscription I'd recommend contacting them.
The magazine itself is great - it's been a top jazz magazine since they started in 1934, and they fueled my interest in jazz all through my youth. This review is not about Downbeat Magazine, it's about this non-working app.
I’m a many decades long subscriber and also subscribe to a number of other digital magazines. DownBeat is just terrible on their digital delivery. I’ll get messages that a new issue is available and it never shows up. Eventually after I get a message that an even newer issue is available, I give up. Delete and reload the app to get the issues. And then I have to re-download issues I want on file. When my subscription runs out I’m cancelling. Buyer beware...
Good mag but awful app.
Tried to use this in landscape mode and pages were flying all over the place, completely unreadable.
Switched to portrait and some pages were full screen whilst others weren’t.
This is the 21st century. Getting this right isn’t rocket science.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Maher Publications Inc.
- 34 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, Japanese, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Maher Publications Inc. & PixelMags Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- DownBeat Magazine $19.99
- July 2014 $1.99
- December 2013 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.