Welcome to DownBeat, the granddaddy of American music magazines, covering the world of Jazz, Blues & Beyond. Each issue of DownBeat brings you a backstage pass of news, reviews and inside stories about the best music and musicians on the planet. With every issue of DownBeat you'll get:
* Record Reviews—More than 50 new, insightful reviews each month
* The Hot Box—Four critics each review the same four records, a supreme court of jazz
* The DownBeat Interviews—Instant classics written by the best music writers in the world
* The Blindfold Test—The world's most famous listening test in music
* Woodshed—Playing tips, transcriptions and musical advice from our panel of expert jazz educators.
Auto Renewing subscription: *Back issues and future issues are available for purchase within the App.
Future issues are also available through the following auto-renewing subscription(s):
-12 Issues (1 Year) at $19.99 / £14.99
minor bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
...but I already have a subscription... ?
I saw the full page add in the print Downbeat magazine and thought "Great! I can augment it with the iPad version." But no, seems I have to subscribe separately to the iPad version from the print version.
Bummer. I will not subscribe _twice_ for the same content.
(I'm hoping I just missed something?)
Good mag but awful app.
Tried to use this in landscape mode and pages were flying all over the place, completely unreadable.
Switched to portrait and some pages were full screen whilst others weren’t.
This is the 21st century. Getting this right isn’t rocket science.
Great content every month and the problems with the lost issues are no longer a concern I noticed they uploaded from the previous years too. The Bible of Jazz!
- Maher Publications Inc.
- 34 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Japanese, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Maher Publications Inc. & PixelMags Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- DownBeat Magazine $19.99
- June 2012 $1.99
- July 2012 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.