Downcast, the popular iOS podcast app is now available for OS X! Download, play and sync** your favorite podcasts with an intuitive interface built specifically for podcasts.
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically (including resuming downloads)
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-update podcast feeds based on schedule
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention (globally and per-podcast)
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected feeds
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast subscription names
• Sync podcast subscriptions, playlists, settings and episode information with other Macs and iOS devices** via iCloud
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x, 2.75x and 3x speed playback*
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
For support, please email: email@example.com.
* See the following Help article for an explanation of play speeds: http://support.downcastapp.com/customer/portal/articles/476114-playback-speeds
** Downcast for iOS is required for syncing to iOS devices
• Fixes a startup crash for BeardedSpice users
• Fixes VO label for downloaded episodes
• Re-downloading a non-local played episode marks the episode as unplayed, matching the iOS app's behavior.
• Fixes a couple of potential crashes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No longer functional
Stuck in a perpetual state of queued podcasts, but never actually connecting. Could switch to streaming, but prefer not have separate settings for my mac and iOS devices.
There goes $10. I guess it's in support of the iOS app now...
Used to be a great app!
Have been using this for for years to listen to podcasts on both my iPhone and when sitting at my desk, and loved it. But the desktop app is now completely broke. When I launch it, I only get one menu that when clicked on won't even drop down a menu. Completely deleted the application and reinstalled and it behaves the same. Version 2.9.41 Mojave does not work for me at all. Contacted developer over a week ago and have only gotten an automated answer. Steer clear until it's fixed
I use and like the IOS version. The MacOS app is fine, but syncing is not. Initial sync killed much of my data and after rebuilding, ocassionally a subscription will just be dropped. No reponse from a support request.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.