Downcast, the popular iOS podcast app is now available for OS X! Download, play and sync** your favorite podcasts with an intuitive interface built specifically for podcasts.
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically (including resuming downloads)
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-update podcast feeds based on schedule
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention (globally and per-podcast)
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected feeds
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast subscription names
• Sync podcast subscriptions, playlists, settings and episode information with other Macs and iOS devices** via iCloud
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x, 2.75x and 3x speed playback*
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
For support, please email: email@example.com.
* See the following Help article for an explanation of play speeds: http://support.downcastapp.com/customer/portal/articles/476114-playback-speeds
** Downcast for iOS is required for syncing to iOS devices
• Performance improvement
• Fixes crash when de-selecting the "Include All Podcasts" checkbox while creating a new playlist
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Syncing is TERRIBLE!!! Believe the reviews!
Like most of you I wanted to ignore the bad reviews. I wanted to give a few bucks to a developer who made an app I have used and enjoyed quite a bit over the past few years(iOS). The iOS version has a lot of features that the apple podcasting app still does not offer. If you're wanting to use this with your iOS device forget it and keep your money. It appears the iOS app was developed years ago by someone else, and was sold to another indivudal who tried to develop the macOS app while enjoying the cashflow and reputation of the iOS app. I haven't seen synching this bad since I had a palm treo in the early 2000's. I've never seen an app on an apple device have so much trouble synching.
The developer needs to scrap the MacOS version and rebuild it from the ground up.
difficulty with iCloud Syncing
I'm giving 4 stars because this is the best Mac podcatcher I've found so far, for my own needs, with lots of options for fine-tuning behavior for individual podcasts, etc.
Syncing between Mac & iPhone is very important to me, but unfortunately there are a lot of problems with iCloud syncing. iCloud offers a lot of great functionality, but if it doesn't work right, the app developer can't fix it. Some apps use their own syncing mechanism which I assume is not easy to develop, but I don't think iCloud does the job here.
Used to be a great app!
Have been using this for for years to listen to podcasts on both my iPhone and when sitting at my desk, and loved it. But the desktop app is now completely broke. When I launch it, I only get one menu that when clicked on won't even drop down a menu. Completely deleted the application and reinstalled and it behaves the same. Version 2.9.41 Mojave does not work for me at all. Contacted developer over a week ago and have only gotten an automated answer. Steer clear until it's fixed
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.