Download Buddy is a sophisticated but extremely easy-to-use Internet-download manager. It supports everything you need for stress-free and reliable downloading and does not disturb you with useless features or meaningless gimmicks.
• Start multiple downloads with just one mouse click.
• System context menu to start your downloads directly from Safari or any other application that allows selecting URL's.
• Support for adding URL's via drag-and-drop.
• No plugins needed.
• Restart automatically unfinished downloads when you restart the app or your Mac.
• Automatically resumes timed out and other interrupted downloads.
• Prevents unintended computer sleep while downloading.
• Limit the number of simultaneous downloads to keep performance high.
• Pause, restart, cancel and reorder individual or all downloads.
• History form to view your download history, including all cancelled items.
• Restart downloads from your download history.
• Open downloaded files with associated app.
• During downloading the app icon shows a badge with the number of unfinished downloads.
• While downloading you can close the main form and let the download manager run in the background.
• When all downloads are complete, you will see a Notification Center banner.
• Extended web based Help system to get started.
STATE OF THE ART
• Supports HTTP, HTTPS and FTP protocols.
• Support for password protected HTTP and HTTPS downloads.
• Full screen and Split screen support.
• Full support for Retina displays.
• Support for Dark Mode and Touch Bar.
NET RADAR ADD-ON
The unique Net Radar Add-on is an extension to Download Buddy that can be purchased within the app as an In-app purchase.
• Net Radar monitors the location and other metadata of the public IP address of your Internet connection.
• If you use a VPN connection, then Net Radar can monitor the operational status of your VPN.
• Net Radar automatically stops all downloads when your network status or the connection metadata indicates a non-working VPN connection.
• Includes a Setup Assistant that let you configure Net Radar with a few simple steps.
• The technology is based on the stand-alone Net Radar app.
Please contact the developer when you encounter problems with this download manager or with the In-app purchases. Use the Help menu items of the app or browse to https://betamagic.nl/support/downloadbuddy/help.html.
If you have something good to say about Download Buddy, please share it with others by writing a review on the Mac App Store.
The Net Radar Add-on monitors the operational status of your VPN connection, based on system events and empirical data.
• The Net Radar Add-on does not include a VPN service.
• The reliability of the Net Radar Add-on depends on a correct configuration.
• The Net Radar Add-on is not able to check whether your connection is encrypted or not.
• Net Radar is not able to detect IPv6 and DNS leaks.
• Download Buddy cannot be used to download YouTube videos embedded in HTML pages.
• Improved compatibility with macOS 10.15.
• Menu item File > New Download.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not quite there.
It does not support FTP downlods or multisegment downloads. It doesn’t show the pending time in dynamic units (hours/minutes/seconds) and instead just defaults to showing the pending time in minutes, e.g. 1600 minutes, which is really less than useful. Pressing Clear resumes a Paused download, which is strange. There is no way to cancel a download as the Cancel function is unavailable.
Developer Response ,
Please consider to update your rating. A lot of your improvement suggestions are implemented in the current version.
This is a great tool for scraping multiple URL’s. I used it for images. Scraped 10k images in a couple minutes. Big time saver and easy to use.
This app does not work at all
This app does not work at all. It keeps showing you need a login but then you login and it ignores you and then you do it again after logging in and it says the same thing. It goes in circles without doing anything. May I have my $3 back please?
Developer Response ,
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to investigate your issue. Your problem is probably related to one specific download source.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.