Free Version of Filer, limited to storing 7 files and 3 active transfers
64-bit, optimized for all the latest devices
Designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Dropbox and WebDAV, Background Downloads, and More
"The very best app to help you download your files is called Filer." - appadvice.com
-------- Overview --------
Get your files anywhere!
Filer Lite is a unique application for iOS devices that lets you manage, view, and share your files. You can get your files on the go when you do have a network connection, and view them when you don't.
-------- Features --------
* Clean UI with full featured File/Folder browser
* Save files from other iOS apps - Use Filer Lite to extract ZIP/RAR/TAR/Gzip Archives from any app that makes them available
* Open files into other apps like iBooks, Pages, Numbers, Keynote.
* Full-screen Quick-Look
* Document Viewer features Page controls and quick slider
* Enhanced media playback
* iTunes USB File Sharing: Quickly drag and drop files between your device and Mac/PC
* Move/Delete Multiple Files/Folders at once
* Downloads continue in the background
* Fast App Switching
* Background Archive Extraction
* App Badge shows transfer count
Dropbox and WebDAV:
- Connect to a server and download/manage files
- Sync what you want, keep files on your device
- Unarchive RAR, ZIP, TAR, and Gzip Archives.
- Unarchive multi-part RAR Archives
- Download and save files to your device
- Monitor/Manage downloads in graphical queue with progress, speed, and time remaining
- Pause/Resume downloads, quit/relaunch the app and resume
- Auto-Download Option
- Smart Download to handle complex redirects
- Download Mode to Download any link you tap
- Fully featured Bookmark and Bookmarklet function
- HTTP Auth and Self-Signed SSL Support
- Tap-and-Hold links for additional options
- AirPlay Video support
- Viewing of all document/media types viewable by iOS
- HDMI and VGA Out for Video Files
- Scroll Bar to quickly jump anywhere in long documents
- Photo Slideshows
- Source Code color-coding
- Web Sharing, optimized for Downloading
- iTunes USB Sharing
- Dropbox and WebDAV download
- Bookmarklet for Safari lets you launch Filer Lite with the current page address
- Built-in help files
Upgrade up to Filer for unlimited downloads, Passcode Lock, Creation of Zip archives, Emailing files, Dropbox Uploads, Background Audio Playback, Saving photos/videos to Photo album, and Document/Media viewers that remember where you left off!
---- Customer Testimonials (Filer) -----
Ha! - "This is awesome...this program has eliminated about 80 percent of my need for tethering, I'm very excited about that."
Very useful app and thorough! - "This is a Huge time-saver, allowing me to grab large PDF files without having to re-download every time"
Perfect - "Great app that adds functionality sorely missing from Safari"
Amazing App - "I don't know how I did without it!"
-------- Press --------
+ Filer Awarded "Essential App" from appadvice.com
+ "There are many file utility applications for mobile devices, but the Downloader app pairs a fully-featured program with an integrated web browser, making it super-easy to use." - SmokinApps.com
+ Awarded "Better" Rating from AppReview.com
-------- Notes --------
+ Filer Lite is rated 17+ due to web access through the integrated browser.
-------- Support --------
For support, please visit the support link. We have no way to respond to App Store reviews.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Fixes a first-time launch issue on iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderfully Useful Application!
With my computer down and having only my iPad at my disposal, the discovery of Filer Lite has been incredibly beneficial to me, offering a great variety of options for accessing files on the mobile device, many of which I'd have thought impossible considering Apple's mobile file sharing limitations. Besides greatly assisting with general file downloading from nearly anywhere online, combining the Filer app with services such as Seedr makes even P2P sharing a total breeze! Thank you SO much to the devs of Filer & Filer Lite for making my life a whole lot easier when I really needed it the most!
Agree with Paul
I also use filer with seedr. It really makes P2P so easy on my iPhone.
I had one simple objective. I'm going to the lake where I don't have Internet access. I expect to get some attachments emailed to me for work and I need to get them on my laptop. I do have cell coverage. I wanted to be able to download an attachment to my iPhone and copy it to my laptop. For that this application worked amazingly well and was easy to set up.
1) Create an ad hoc WiFi network on my Vista laptop.
2) Use the DL Lite built-in browser to log into my GMail account and navigate to the email with the attachment.
3) Switch from browse mode to download mode in DL Lite and select the attachment link. At first it looks like it didn't do anything but if you switch to the Downloads page you will see it downloading. Or, if it already downloaded, it will be listed on the Files tab.
4) Go to the Settings tab and enable sharing.
5) Using the browser on my laptop I entered the URL provided by DL Lite when I enabled sharing.
6) You see a simple web page where you can click on the file links to download to your laptop.
All in all this is exactly what I wanted and all the other apps out there cost lots of money or didn't seem to work well from the reviews. Or, both. I can confirm that this app did exactly what I needed.
The developer, Dan Leehr L.L.C., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Dan Leehr L.L.C.
- 9.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2009-2016 Dan Leehr L.L.C.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.