Files (formerly known as Downloads Lite) features a Web browser that lets you save documents to your iPhone or iPod touch so that you can work with them offline. It has a built-in file manager, with robust viewer for all iOS supported document types, powerful photo browser, advanced PDF reader, full Dropbox support, and more.
NOTE: This app does not support downloading of audio or video content.
√ Full portrait & landscape mode support
√ Passcode lock
√ Web browser
- Provides a user experience very similar to Mobile Safari
- Tabbed browsing
- Tap and hold on an image to download it
- Tap and hold to force download
- Save web pages with images for offline viewing
- Full screen mode
- Bookmark manager
- History support
- Address bar auto-completion
- HTTP basic authentication
- Form-based authentication
- Integrated Google or Yahoo! search
- Ability to spoof browser's User-Agent string to display web pages like Firefox
- Unified smart search field. Type a URL or search term in the unified smart search field, the browser automatically suggests the closest match to what you’re looking for.
√ Download manager
- Fast downloading speed
- Supports resuming of interrupted downloads reliably
- Live download progress bar and speed indicator
- Active downloads badge number
- Add arbitrary download link
- Always download with correct filename
√ File manager
- Full screen document viewer that supports .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .txt, .html and .rtf file formats
- Folders support
- Move, rename and delete files
- Search by file name
- Extract RAR archives
- Unzip ZIP files
- Remember document scroll position
- Attempt to open file of unrecognized format
- Import photos from camera roll
√ Dropbox integration
- Upload, download and manage files
- Sync what you want, keep files on your device
√ Advanced PDF viewer
- Huge PDF files work flawlessly
- Text search
- Tap PDF links to jump across the file
√ Photo viewer
- Tap or swipe to move between images in a folder
- Zoom in and out with pinch gesture
- Ability to save images to photo album
- Thumbnails view
√ File transfer
- Supports HTTP and FTP protocols
- Supports iTunes USB File Sharing
- Transfer files to and from computer in Wi-Fi network
- Send files as email attachments (size under 15MB)
√ Mobile Safari Integration
- Bookmarklet for Mobile Safari that lets you open any link in Files app
- Background downloading
√ Inter-app document interchange
- Other apps can save their files to Files app (e.g. Email app can save attachments to Files app)
√ Recovery Mode
- If the browser caught in an endless loop of pop-up alerts, go to the iOS built-in "Settings" app, find "Files", turn on "Recovery Mode", then force-quit and relaunch the app.
- iOS 12.2 compatibility fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, but...
Long ago, I used the now ancient and defunct “Downloads” app by this developer, even before they changed the interface to match iOS 7’s Music app. I had no idea that it had been removed from the App Store. Seeing that it was incompatible with iOS 11 + iPhone 7 Plus (would always crash upon opening), I had to remove all my files from it and delete it. Then I stumbled across “Files,” from the same devs.
I like that Files has same interface and functionality as its predecessor, but some things could’ve changed with the new app.
- It could have a dark theme. Looking like Apple Music was cool for perhaps a year. We need a toggle for a dark mode that does not involve smart invert.
- Media playback in landscape orientation shouldn’t cover up 2/3 of the album art. Perhaps push it to the left and put media info/controls to the right?
- Although simplicity is nice, the web access page could maybe be a bit more graphical.
- The web access should have support for uploading multiple files at once without stuffing them in a zip folder. I find that having to scroll back down after each upload to be a pain, especially if the specific folder has a lot of files at its root.
Overall, a great app to store things in, since personally, I don’t trust Apple’s new Files app.
Hello it’s great but...
Hello first of all i want to thank the team behind this awesome app, and i’ve been using this app for almost 3 years. The problem is now that i updated the iOS it Doesn’t play online videos and the app force closes, i think the problem lies in compatibility with new iOS version. And think if you add dark mode it will be great too.
Hope they fix it and make it better
This app does exactly what I need it to do which is download audio and video files. As far as the developer getting rid of his old app (downloads) and coming up with this new one is fine by me. There were probably too many problems with trying to get the old app to work with the new iOS. So sometimes it’s just easier to make a new app. And come on the guy made another app so what if he charges to upgrade it again, are these people on here that hard up for $5 (we all got bills to pay). I enjoy using the app so therefore I have no problem paying again. Go ahead and try to find another app that’s better then this one.
- Hian Zin Jong
- 28.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Hian Zin Jong
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version Upgrade $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.