Files HD (formerly known as Downloads Lite - Download Manager for iPad) features a Web browser that lets you save documents to your iPad so that you can work with them offline. It has a built-in file manager, with robust viewer for all iOS supported document types, powerful photo browser, advanced PDF reader, full Dropbox support, and more.
NOTE: This app does not support downloading of audio or video content.
√ File manager
- Folders support
- Move, rename and delete files
- Search by file name
- Document viewer that supports .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .txt, .html, .webarchive and .rtf file formats
- Extract ZIP and RAR archives
- Import photos from camera roll
√ Tabbed browser
- Provides a user experience very similar to Safari
- Supports unlimited tabs
- Tap and hold on a link to open it in new tab or download it
- Fully featured bookmark manager
- History support
- Address bar auto-completion
- HTTP basic authentication
- Form-based authentication
- Integrated Google or Yahoo! search
- Ability to spoof browser's User-Agent string to display web pages like Firefox
- Unified smart search field. Type a URL or search term in the unified smart search field, the browser automatically suggests the closest match to what you’re looking for.
√ Download manager
- Fast downloading speed
- Save pages with images for offline viewing
- Supports resuming of interrupted downloads reliably
- Live download progress bar and speed indicator
- Active downloads badge number
- Add arbitrary download link
- Always download with correct filename
- Ability to download file of unknown size
√ Dropbox integration
- Upload, download and manage files
- Sync what you want, keep files on your device
√ Advanced PDF viewer
- Huge PDF files work flawlessly
- Text search
- Tap PDF links to jump across the file
√ Photo viewer
- Swipe to move between images in a folder
- Zoom in and out with pinch gesture
- Thumbnails view of all images in a folder
- Ability to save images to photo album
√ File transfer
- iTunes USB File Sharing lets you drag and drop files between your iPad and computer
- Supports HTTP and FTP protocols
- Transfer files to and from computer that is in the same Wi-Fi network
- Send files as email attachments
√ Passcode lock
√ Mobile Safari integration
- Bookmarklet that lets you send links from Mobile Safari to Files HD app
- Background downloading
√ Inter-app document interchange
- Other apps can save their files to Files HD app (e.g. Email app can save attachments to Files HD app)
√ Recovery Mode
- If the browser caught in an endless loop of pop-up alerts, go to the iOS built-in "Settings" app, find "Files HD", turn on "Recovery Mode", then force-quit and relaunch the app.
Ratings and Reviews
I have many books and manuals from various sites online, and it is so easy to download them so that I can take them with me on my iPad. Always functions perfectly.
The files give a lot of informatics for develop the internet.
Excellent software, unexpected benefits, note on Dropbox integration
I have the latest iOS software on my iPad and iPhone and the app works very well except for one feature as noted below. The app is fast and simple. It eases downloading content such as a large number of PDF files to your device. An unexpected surprise was the quality of the pdf reader-- it is incredibly fast and easy to use-- it is better than the paid pdf readers I have for speed and navigation. The only downside to the app is that the Dropbox API integration no longer works correctly because Dropbox changed their API and all developers need to make changes to their apps to support it. You can still "open in" individual files to Dropbox to save them but not store all that have been downloaded in one action. That would remove a "star" from my rating but because the pdf reader was so good and unexpected, I added the star back.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hian Zin Jong
- 33.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Hian Zin Jong
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version Upgrade $2.99
- Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Yearly Subscription $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.