See how your morals compare to others. Do you think the same? This 3D philosophy game about the trolley problem asks: Are you a "good" person?
Dr. Trolley's Problem brings the classic philosophical quandaries of The Trolley Problem to life and asks you to make life or death decisions on the fly.
See how your morals compare to others. Do you think the same?
New content for 2022!
Over 160 situations that test your morals!
Relive 2020 by reviewing your morals in retrospect!
Decide for your life!
Dr. Trolley is an infamous robot mad scientist from another dimension who has sequestered you in its simulation to answer the most pressing questions.
The game includes dozens of ethical dilemmas and randomly generated moral situations which last anywhere from 30 seconds to one minute each. Some situations involve reading what is presented on screen. Within each situation the player decides whether or not to act to save a character (or not).
Why the trolley problem?
This game is game made for the love of The Trolley Problem and all the weird and wonderful questions it makes you ask about yourself. We thought it would be fun to develop a platform for extending the Trolley Problem in all directions.
Should humans be allowed to drive cars? Or would driving (and most other things) be safer in the hands of Artificial Intelligence? Find out now!
Compare what you think is the "correct" decision to thousands of other players. Are they wrong? Are you wrong?
We also added more problems for you to address! 20 new dilemmas which will get you thinking what should I do?
Here are some of the biggest changes:
* You can now see stats on decisions you make in-game. We want to know which ones players agreed on and which ones generated differences in opinion.
* More moral problems! We've added more scenarios where you have to make tough choices about what's right and what's wrong, so that we can keep expanding on this aspect of gameplay and give you more difficult decisions to make.
* Faster gameplay: We've sped up the gameplay slightly so that it feels more like an engaging adventure.
* Bug fixes: We fixed some bugs that were causing crashes when certain people played the game, so hopefully those crashes will be a thing of the past!
Ratings and Reviews
Fine game. Although, a bit of criticism.
It’s an absolutely stunning game. I saw this in an Extra Credits video. The 5 minutes I had playing it was fun but the rest was under a paywall. I’m not about to pay for a game I’ve barely played. I understand it’s about profits but if there wasn’t a pay way this would be such a popular game. I wouldn’t mind watching adds or paying under a dollar ($0.99) but $2.99 is a bit much. Any updates of these things would change my rating to five stars. Keep improving!!! I hope to see this game grow. :)
Great but screen cuts off
Unable to continue forward because the screen is cut off so I can not click the continue button. On iPad
Tbh kinda boring
No context, just boring
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wero Creative Inc.
- 426 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2022 Wero Creative Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Orginal Situations $2.99