DraftCode includes the standard PHP stack including all PHP extensions typically available on a webserver (MySQL, SQLite, PDO, Curl, OpenSSL, FTP, XML, JSON, SOAP and more). All code execution happens right inside DraftCode and therefore works even if your device is offline.
DraftCode by default includes PHP 5.6.30 and a standard set of extension.
The following additional PHP versions are available via in App purchases:
- PHP 7.2.24 (also including the additional GD, fileinfo and calendar extensions)
- PHP 7.3.16 (also including the additional GD, fileinfo and calendar extensions)
(A complete phpinfo output of the current available configurations is available on our website.)
- Execute PHP/JS/HTML/CSS without requiring an internet connection
- Runtime behaves like any webserver, supporting sessions, cookies, AJAX etc.
- Session inspector showing state of current session variables
- Includes and supports Composer for dependency management
- Internal keyboard support with coding accessory
- External keyboard support with additional keyboard shortcuts
- Multitasking and split-screen support on iPad
- Includes PHP packages like WordPress, Composer and more.
- Built-in preview browser behaving like Mobile Safari
- File workspace including support to zip, unzip, copy, move or duplicate files or folders
- Code import/export from iCloud Drive, other Apps or iTunes file sharing
- Kiosk mode that runs you PHP code fullscreen
- Script mode to run PHP scripts without a web context or timeout
- Integrates with WorkingCopy to connect with GIT
INCLUDED PHP PACKAGES
With just one tap you can run WordPress offline (using the included WordPress SQLite plugin) and develop themes and plugins for the popular platform.
Connect to EXTERNAL MySQL databases (MySQL is NOT included).
Work with local SQLite databases.
COMPOSER (requires PHP 7 IAP)
Use Composer v.1.8.4 to efficiently manage your dependencies. Also includes an example project.
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions please head over to DraftCode's website.
- DraftCode is not a webserver and running PHP code is not accessible outside of DraftCode
- DraftCode's runtime currently does not support re-write rules
- A MySQL database is NOT included. (We recommend using SQLite when working completely offline.)
Thank you for your support. If you like DraftCode, please leave a review on the App Store, it really helps!
If you can, please support DraftCode via the in App purchases too.
- New additional PHP 7.3 runtime available via in App purchase (same extensions than 7.2)
- Included WordPress package has been updated to v5.4
- Custom HTTP request headers now reflected correctly (this fixes problems with PHP relying on custom headers from AJAX requests, like the WordPress block editor)
- Fixes an issue with code error highlighting and PHP 7
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great start but iOS falls short?
Ok, l know this is a huge undertaking and iOS is severely limited so far as a development tool. What issue this app seems to suffer from is as a developer, I can’t really work on a plugin in WordPress while WP is running.
Pretty ineffective to have to start and stop WP each time to edit a file and then see the result rendered.
Update: I contacted the developer and he has been VERY responsive to my concerns. He has provided some ideas for workflow that seem acceptable. Running web apps on iOS is no small feat. My hope is that this app will be well supported and the product will continue to be updated.
Good tool for learning PHP on the go
I use it to learn PHP and web development while commuting. Not sure how well it would support a production environment. I want to start learning Laravel too and I am not sure it can be accommodated in this environment. I am amazed at what they did get working in iOS and the product interface is really good and is fast.
I love (LOVE) this app.
Only two things prevents a 5-Star review:
When scrolling, the screen snaps back to where you started and you must find your place again. I can't express how frustrating this is when you're trying to flow... This behavior occurs consistently doesn't happen system wide. You have to scroll twice after any change made because of the maddening "SNAP!"
I rarely use this function because it's more destructive than helpful. It doesn't undo one step at a time, it jumps back a seemingly arbitrary number of steps so you have no idea what was undone.
If you've just squashed a bug and then hit undo a few lines later, you have my sympathies…
Fix these and it's practically perfect (and probably one of the most valuable apps in the store)!
[ iPhone 8 • iOS 13.3.1 ]
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. I am afraid we cannot reproduce this bug you describe. Reviews are not ideal places to file bugreports because we cannot follow them up. Please get in touch via support, thanks.
- Solesignal Limited
- 85.8 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Solesignal Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- PHP 7.2 Runtime $3.99
- PHP 7.3 Runtime $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.