Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
## Now Available for Mac! ##
App of the Day, TIME Magazine's Best Apps of 2018!
MacStories "Best App Updates of 2018" selection!
Drafts lets you turn text into action – it’s a quick notebook, handy editor, and writing automation tool, all in one. Instead of tapping around other apps, capture in Drafts first. Open it and write right away, then do something useful with your words.
## HOW DRAFTS WORKS ##
Drafts opens to a new page with the keyboard ready so you can type immediately. Go hands-free with Dictation, or ask Siri to "Create a note using Drafts".
Drafts lets you get things down before you forget – no choosing document templates or waiting for your file to download.
USE YOUR WORDS:
Drafts is a launching-off point for text – use the actions to copy it, share it, or deep link into other apps and services. Compose a tweet or message, create a file in Dropbox, send a task off to Reminders – there are hooks into tons of your favorite apps.
REMEMBER IT NOW – OR LATER:
New entries go into the Inbox. Once there, you can Tag them for organization, Flag them for importance, or Archive them for long-term storage.
TAKE TEXT TO A NEW LEVEL:
Set up a text editing experience that’s perfect for you, with tons of interface adjustments like custom fonts and control over spacing, line height, and margins.
Use the customizable extended row above the keyboard to quickly convert, manipulate, and transform your writing. Make lists, use Markdown to get things just right.
Process your drafts quickly using unique features like Link Mode, Arrange Mode, and Focus Mode.
## WHY YOU’LL LOVE DRAFTS ##
IT WILL CHANGE HOW YOU USE YOUR DEVICES:
Drafts gives you a new approach to using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, letting you write first and think about what to do with it later. Try it in your dock for a week, you'll find you can't live without it.
GETTING WORDS DOWN HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER:
Drafts opens lightning fast and with support for capture via Siri, the widget, share extension, file import, and dictation - Drafts is like post-its updated for the smartphone era.
Actions make Drafts a Swiss Army knife for text. Integrate with a bewildering array of apps and services.
## JOIN THE COMMUNITY ##
Check out our Action Directory (actions.getdrafts.com) for ready-to-use actions for third party apps and services. Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
## DRAFTS PRO ##
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Create and Edit Actions
• Themes and Icons - suit the experience to your tastes with Dark theme, custom app icon, and more
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Extra widgets and better share extension options
• Enhanced Automation
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and up-to-date with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPGRADING FROM DRAFTS 4?
Drafts installs as a new app and will not affect your existing Drafts 4 installation. Check out getdrafts.com/upgrade for details on migrating.
## SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS ##
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed or cancelled by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
- Tappable tasks in TaskPaper syntax. Tapping the list mark at the beginning of a TaskPaper task line will now add-remove the `@done` status for that line in drafts using TaskPaper syntax.
- TaskPaper example action group. If you are interested in using TaskPaper, we have created an example TaskPaper action group designed for use in the Action Bar with many common TaskPaper commands, to add tasks, assign due/start dates to selected lines and archive done items. Visit the Action Directory to download this group. (https://actions.getdrafts.com/)
- Lots of new iOS 13 contextual menus. Tap and hold (or force touch where available) on top toolbar items in the editor, drafts in the draft list, actions in the action list. Some options were already available, but we have dramatically enhanced these contextual menus to allow easy access to a variety of common functions - like creating drafts with syntax/tags, moving tags - even running actions without opening the action list. Take the time to tap and hold on things to see the new options.
- Arrange mode now has compact/expanded mode toggle. Compact mode truncates longer items to allow more to be displayed when working with longer blocks/lines. Compact mode also disabled inline editing of elements.
### Other Changes and Updates
- **Fix:** Addressed most known crashing issues.
- **Fix:** We have updated our fork of the Evernote SDK to remove dependencies on some deprecated iOS APIs, and to again support authentication for users who login to Evernote using their Google account.
- **Change:** Audit of how/when draft version history entries are automatically created. Should be more reliable capturing some state changes and avoiding duplicate versions.
- **Fix:** Targeting specific OneNote notebook might not work in some cases with OneNote action steps.
- **Fix:** Issue with reordering action groups not working properly with certain data sets.
- **Fix:** Possible issue reordering workspaces with certain data sets.
- **Change:** Periodically reset sync log if logging is enabled to prevent excessive log sizes.
- **Fix:** Workaround alignment issue for strings beginning line with a smart quote.
- **Change:** Refactor some initialization code to try to better troubleshoot a couple of minor crashing issues.
- **Change:** Remove "Create Draft with Clipboard" shortcut action. This can be handled better with new "Create Draft" intent.
- **Change:** Enable raw URLs in preview windows to be tappable.
- **Fix:** Background colors applied by syntax highlighting (as inline code) might not get cleared immediately if the text changed it ways that should disable that background color.
- **Fix:** Avoid state where action list gets left open after creating a new draft when returning to the app.
- Lots of other minor tweaks and fixes.
For a complete history of updates, visit the changelog: https://docs.getdrafts.com/docs/misc/changelog-ios
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app makes the iPad a useful work tool
This app helps one get a lot done on the iPad (or iPhone) that wouldn't be possible otherwise---even the free version. Paying a subscription has been worth it too. You just have to try it to see how it might be useful to you personally and if that justifies the price.
I do less with the tag and workspace features than I perhaps could because I tend to use Bear for reference. Fortunately, there are users who know how to script and have come up with actions to make Drafts play well with Bear. Ditto other apps, including email. In the end, Drafts is kind of like a work environment in which one can begin all work with text. It's also good for cleaning up text from other sources.
I have loved this app through several versions. One reason, I suspect, is because it continues to test the boundaries of what is possible in iOS. And one can actually customize one's work environment a bit. In other words, the app takes both the operating system and the user seriously. The subscription model has also led to a viable business plan, it seems, whereas I've seen other solid apps go neglected or get killed off for lack of ongoing funding and attention in a constantly changing computing environment and app market.
Love the app, not the subscriptions.
I’ve been using drafts since version 4 came out. It changed the way I work, and I love using it to enter and manipulate text. I’ve been playing around with Drafts 5 and the app is amazing. There’s so much power in the free app, and the pro subscriptions adds some great options for power users. Thing is, I’m not a power user, but I’m more than willing to pay for the features I use. My biggest issue is that I dislike and avoid app subscriptions. I like that when I pay for an app, even if the company disappears tomorrow, I can continue to use the app for years to come. I’m also not thrilled that dark mode is behind the subscription wall, I’d pay a few dollars to have a dark mode, I find it much easier on my eyes, but can’t justify the subscription just for dark mode, since it’s the only tool I would use from the subscription. Fortunately, I can continue using drafts 4 with its dark mode. Sure, I’ll miss out on all the new features in the free app, but that’s how much I dislike day mode. Just writing this review is burning my eyes. But my issues say nothing about the app itself which is wonderful. Definitely give the free mode a spin, and if you like scripting and having full control and aren’t opposed to renting apps, the sub is a great value. But for me it’s less than ideal as it’s currently set up. Hopefully down the line, the developer will consider making dark mode an optional in app purchase for those that don’t or can’t subscribe.
Next Level GTD
Ok first of all I never write reviews, but using this app on a trial run today absolutely blew my mind and I’m not even touching a fraction of the full capability! To be honest when I first downloaded it I was thinking there’s no way I’m going to pay for a subscription. I mean what the heck can this thing do that my other note taking apps can’t do. Let me say this immediately changed after messing around with this for a bit. The Watch OS takes this app and getting things out of your head to a whole different level. I mean record anything out of your head and then share it with Omnifocus, Awesome Note or whatever else you may want to do with it! Also one tap and it starts the dictation so from thought to app is seem less. I went from thinking this app was absolutely useless and literally about to delete, but now I can say it will be an app to stay! When my trial subscription ends I will gladly pay the $20/year. I will make this over 100 fold with the time I save and the ideas I’m able to preserve and act on! Thank you!!
- Agile Tortoise
- 82.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pro Subscription $1.99
- Annual Pro Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.