Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
## Now Available for Mac! ##
App of the Day, TIME Magazine's Best Apps of 2018!
MacStories "Best App Updates of 2018" selection!
Drafts lets you turn text into action – it’s a quick notebook, handy editor, and writing automation tool, all in one. Instead of tapping around other apps, capture in Drafts first. Open it and write right away, then do something useful with your words.
## HOW DRAFTS WORKS ##
Drafts opens to a new page with the keyboard ready so you can type immediately. Go hands-free with Dictation, or ask Siri to "Create a note using Drafts".
Drafts lets you get things down before you forget – no choosing document templates or waiting for your file to download.
USE YOUR WORDS:
Drafts is a launching-off point for text – use the actions to copy it, share it, or deep link into other apps and services. Compose a tweet or message, create a file in Dropbox, send a task off to Reminders – there are hooks into tons of your favorite apps.
REMEMBER IT NOW – OR LATER:
New entries go into the Inbox. Once there, you can Tag them for organization, Flag them for importance, or Archive them for long-term storage.
TAKE TEXT TO A NEW LEVEL:
Set up a text editing experience that’s perfect for you, with tons of interface adjustments like custom fonts and control over spacing, line height, and margins.
Use the customizable extended row above the keyboard to quickly convert, manipulate, and transform your writing. Make lists, use Markdown to get things just right.
Process your drafts quickly using unique features like Link Mode, Arrange Mode, and Focus Mode.
## WHY YOU’LL LOVE DRAFTS ##
IT WILL CHANGE HOW YOU USE YOUR DEVICES:
Drafts gives you a new approach to using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, letting you write first and think about what to do with it later. Try it in your dock for a week, you'll find you can't live without it.
GETTING WORDS DOWN HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER:
Drafts opens lightning fast and with support for capture via Siri, the widget, share extension, file import, and dictation - Drafts is like post-its updated for the smartphone era.
Actions make Drafts a Swiss Army knife for text. Integrate with a bewildering array of apps and services.
## JOIN THE COMMUNITY ##
Check out our Action Directory (actions.getdrafts.com) for ready-to-use actions for third party apps and services. Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
## DRAFTS PRO ##
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Create and Edit Actions
• Themes and Icons - suit the experience to your tastes with Dark theme, custom app icon, and more
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Extra widgets and better share extension options
• Enhanced Automation
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and up-to-date with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPGRADING FROM DRAFTS 4?
Drafts installs as a new app and will not affect your existing Drafts 4 installation. Check out getdrafts.com/upgrade for details on migrating.
## SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS ##
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed or cancelled by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
The Mac version of Drafts now has full support for actions. Most of the updates in this iOS release are part of supporting those updates on the Mac. But also expect big launch time improvements and bugs fixes! Details below.
For more complete details, links to docs, and change history, visit: https://docs.getdrafts.com/docs/misc/changelog-ios
- **New:** 20-30% initial launch speed improvement for cold starts of the app.
- **New:** File import features, configured in settings, to automatically import text files in the "Inbox" folder in iCloud Drive/Drafts/Inbox. Similar to existing Reminders import feature.
- **New:** Support "tagged" filtering in tag filters and workspaces. The inverse of the existing "untagged" special value - will match any draft with one or more tags assigned.
- **New:** Include draft syntax in (i) draft detail summary
- **New:** "Disable action bar" option in Aa editor settings allowing the row above the keyboard to be completely disabled.
- **New:** Enable and disable individual actions steps by platform. Allows a single action to have different steps on different platforms to account for platform behavior differences when appropriate/necessary.
- **New:** Action list filtering setting and support for new action visibility settings (in "..." Options).
- **New:** Set visibility in lists/keyboard for individual actions within action groups.
- **New:** "Change Syntax" operation added to draft list options.
- **New:** `Get Draft by UUID` shortcut action to allow retrieval of a specific Draft by UUID.
- **New:** "Markdown to HTML" shortcut action provides access to Drafts' built-in MultiMarkdown and GitHub markdown processors.
#### Other Fixes and Changes
- **Fix:** Sync fixes address a number of issues, particularly ones that have arisen on the latest OS releases.
- **Fix:** Using Siri directly to create notes on Apple Watch (e.g. "Hey Siri, create a note using Drafts") would not work properly in many cases.
- **Change:** Streamlining pass through syntax highlighting code. Improves performance and resolves (hopefully) a few little oddities. Please test with large documents, and generally report any syntax highlighting and editing weirdness/regressions.
- **Fix:** Red dotted underline of misspelled words should no longer disappear after typing additional text.
- **Change:** Deprecate `app.loadKeyboardActionGroup` - replaced with `app.loadActionBarGroup` (old method still works, the later is just preferred now).
- **Fix:** Possible fix for some scrolling weirdness moving between multiple open windows on iPad.
- **Fix:** Workaround issue where system is processing smart dashes ever when they are not enabled on existing text. Triggered primarily when tapping task marks.
- **Change:** Updating some labelling to call the row above the keyboard the "action bar" for consistency with Mac version.
- **Fix:** Issue preventing the "60 minutes" draft creation timeout setting from working properly.
- **Fix:** Crash using HTTP script object with invalid data parameters.
- **Fix:** Allow editor scrolling to bounce vertically even when content does not exceed visible space.
- **Change:** When calling `Workspace.create()`, the initial state of the workspace will be based on the current Default workspace.
- **Fix:** Startup timing issue that could result in one of the side panels remaining open after the new draft timeout was fired to create a new draft.
- **Fix:** Scrolling issue sometimes affecting actions which change text in the editor.
- **Change:** Change "automatic" theme label to "system" when running on iOS 13.
- **Change:** In Markdown syntaxes, continue markdown quotes like lists are continued.
Ratings and Reviews
This app makes the iPad a useful work tool
This app helps one get a lot done on the iPad (or iPhone) that wouldn't be possible otherwise---even the free version. Paying a subscription has been worth it too. You just have to try it to see how it might be useful to you personally and if that justifies the price.
I do less with the tag and workspace features than I perhaps could because I tend to use Bear for reference. Fortunately, there are users who know how to script and have come up with actions to make Drafts play well with Bear. Ditto other apps, including email. In the end, Drafts is kind of like a work environment in which one can begin all work with text. It's also good for cleaning up text from other sources.
I have loved this app through several versions. One reason, I suspect, is because it continues to test the boundaries of what is possible in iOS. And one can actually customize one's work environment a bit. In other words, the app takes both the operating system and the user seriously. The subscription model has also led to a viable business plan, it seems, whereas I've seen other solid apps go neglected or get killed off for lack of ongoing funding and attention in a constantly changing computing environment and app market.
Love the app, not the subscriptions.
I’ve been using drafts since version 4 came out. It changed the way I work, and I love using it to enter and manipulate text. I’ve been playing around with Drafts 5 and the app is amazing. There’s so much power in the free app, and the pro subscriptions adds some great options for power users. Thing is, I’m not a power user, but I’m more than willing to pay for the features I use. My biggest issue is that I dislike and avoid app subscriptions. I like that when I pay for an app, even if the company disappears tomorrow, I can continue to use the app for years to come. I’m also not thrilled that dark mode is behind the subscription wall, I’d pay a few dollars to have a dark mode, I find it much easier on my eyes, but can’t justify the subscription just for dark mode, since it’s the only tool I would use from the subscription. Fortunately, I can continue using drafts 4 with its dark mode. Sure, I’ll miss out on all the new features in the free app, but that’s how much I dislike day mode. Just writing this review is burning my eyes. But my issues say nothing about the app itself which is wonderful. Definitely give the free mode a spin, and if you like scripting and having full control and aren’t opposed to renting apps, the sub is a great value. But for me it’s less than ideal as it’s currently set up. Hopefully down the line, the developer will consider making dark mode an optional in app purchase for those that don’t or can’t subscribe.
Next Level GTD
Ok first of all I never write reviews, but using this app on a trial run today absolutely blew my mind and I’m not even touching a fraction of the full capability! To be honest when I first downloaded it I was thinking there’s no way I’m going to pay for a subscription. I mean what the heck can this thing do that my other note taking apps can’t do. Let me say this immediately changed after messing around with this for a bit. The Watch OS takes this app and getting things out of your head to a whole different level. I mean record anything out of your head and then share it with Omnifocus, Awesome Note or whatever else you may want to do with it! Also one tap and it starts the dictation so from thought to app is seem less. I went from thinking this app was absolutely useless and literally about to delete, but now I can say it will be an app to stay! When my trial subscription ends I will gladly pay the $20/year. I will make this over 100 fold with the time I save and the ideas I’m able to preserve and act on! Thank you!!
- Agile Tortoise
- 79.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2019 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pro Subscription $1.99
- Annual Pro Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.