***Reached No.1 App in Over 85 Countries!***
Build your OWN Berk! Rescue, hatch and train your favorite DreamWorks Dragons! Explore uncharted lands in a vast Viking world!
Join Hiccup, Toothless and the gang to protect your village from the mysterious strangers that threaten peace on Berk. Who are they, and what do they want from your harmonious homeland? Train your DreamWorks Dragons successfully and they’ll reveal new powers that will help to ensure the future of your island.
Remember…it takes a village...and DRAGONS!
• Discover over 400 of your favorite DreamWorks Dragons from the movie and TV Series, including Toothless, Stormfly, Hookfang and Skullcrusher
• Collect and grow 75 different Dragon species, like Deadly Nadders, Monstrous Nightmares and Typhoomerangs
• Explore 60 unique islands throughout the Viking territory
• Complete missions with all the characters from DreamWorks Dragons
• Find Legendary Dragons and bring their power to Berk
• Go head to head with rival Riders in Brawl, or test your might in Gauntlet
• Participate in Berkian Feasts or help around the village for prizes
• Stunning visual & audio effects with 3D animations
• Rise of Berk offers a monthly subscription at USD $9.99, please note prices may vary depending on sales taxes or countries.
• The user will be asked to login to his iTunes account (if not already) prior to the purchase.
• The payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Additional information will be provided afterward stating that subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• We also mention there that subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Terms of service can be found at https://legal.ludia.net/mobile/2019-2/V3/termsen.html
By installing this application you agree to the terms of the licensed agreements.
This is YOUR Berk. It's time to RISE!
* Please note: Rise of Berk is completely free to play but offers some game items for purchase with real money. If you choose not to use this feature, you can disable in-app purchases in your device’s settings.
Cuddle up with an all-new Valentine’s Update!
- NEW LIMITED EVENT: Obtain Dragons, Costumes, and Decorations to embellish your Berk by trading the new Valentine’s Seasonal Currency!
- A lovely new Flock lands on Berk just in time for Valentine’s Day – add 7 new Dragons to your collection!
- More space on Berk: A NEW Itchy Armpit island has been discovered!
- Join the Love Letter hunt for a special prize!
- Visit Berk often this season to catch limited-time special events, Dragons and card packs!
- Bug fixes and optimizations for a smoother experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fun but time-consuming/expensive
I really enjoy this game. I've had it for over two years. In the beginning it was a TON of fun, and things happened quickly, and I was constantly logging in to see what I could do next. But now that I'm in the upper levels, it's ridiculously time-consuming to make things happen. Example: I have a current "quest" to use one dragon to make 10 iron. The dragon can only make one at a time, and it costs 450M fish to do that. It takes me 4-5 days to earn that much fish, *especially* when I need fish for other things simultaneously. So yes, it's going to take me roughly two months to complete this one challenge. Meanwhile I can't work on a different challenge, because it ALSO requires fish at nearly the same amounts.
I do love the idea of this game, and I love the storyline that progresses each time you finish a challenge, seeing the characters "interacting" together is clever. But between the amount of time needed to build up supplies for each challenge, and the outlandish cost of runes (if I were to use real money, which I HAVE done....more than I should've), this game has progressed from something I check on compulsively, to something that I usually remember to look at twice a day.
Needs to Fix Some Issues
It’s not that bad of a game, and I really enjoyed playing it. At first they had a very good free content to costly content ratio, but now it’s overwhelming filled with money grabs shoved down your throat. If you aren’t lucky in what dragons the game gives you for free, it’s a nightmare trying to advance in the game. I was lucky enough to receive the highest resource collecting dragon so I have been able to advance at a steady pace. But my real complaint is how ridiculously unfair the battle system is. How are you supposed to win when the game never gives you a turn? When it shows you the turns on the right side, it’ll glitch and change the pattern giving extra hits for the other team and ruining your battle strategy. I’ve had the same dragon dodge my attack four times in a row. Many times my turn is skipped, and I’m attacked four or more times in a row before I get a chance. So my dragons are dead or mostly dead before I even get to make a move in response. If they were higher leveled dragons, I’d still be annoyed but it would at least be somewhat understandable. But these dragons are two to three levels lower than mine and these glitches keep causing me to lose because I am never allowed to attack. Which, you know, seems like you’re trying to make people buy extra perks to win an unfair game. In a nutshell, stop trying to force people to buy things. It’s painfully obvious and makes the game unplayable.
Fun at first...then as boring as staring at a rock.
The game is fun at first - there’s plenty to do and you can progress quickly. However, things start costing more and more, but leveling the dragons up doesn’t increase their capability to gather enough materials to keep the pace up. Even worse, even my best dragons only gather for 40 minutes at a time, and some still only go for 8 minutes...So you can’t keep accumulating materials overnight or while you’re at work. The result is that it takes DAYS of babying the app, constantly opening it up just to start the dragons up again but being unable to do almost anything else, to earn enough materials to upgrade or build ONE building. That is not entertaining in the least, and most people tend to have lives outside the app that they’d like to (or at least need to) engage with. The beginning of the game held a lot of promise, but it’s gotten incredibly boring and is extremely impractical. With a few major rehauls of the later levels (whether they choose to drop costs or make dragons able to gather more so that the speed of doing things stays relatively close/only very gradually increases and continues to be manageable), it could be a good app, so I’ve kept the rating at a three. For now, though, I’ll be deleting it as soon as I complete this review.
- 927.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Ludia Inc. 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' © 2014 DreamWorks Animation L.L.C. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Bunch of Runes $1.99
- Mound of Runes $4.99
- Pile of Runes $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.