Drambo is an innovative modular groovebox and audio processing environment. Modular components are used to build synthesized and sample based instruments or audio effects using high-quality DSP and audio-rate modulation. Tied to a powerful sequencer, it’s an optimal music creation tool for sound design, composition, performance and experimentation.
At the heart of Drambo lies an entirely new concept that makes modular creations easy, fun and affordable. Modules are connected automatically, with no cables as you add or rearrange them. A dynamic interface creates modulation knobs when you need them. Modules may house other modules, so you can keep your patch well organized. Of course, automatic connections can be overridden. In Drambo you can focus on playing with sound and signal structure without getting lost in wires.
Use a deep and innovative sequencer to compose patterns and whole tracks, for production or live performance. Go beyond simple looping sequences with parameter locking, conditional step components, and powerful scene morphing. Drambo works equally well as a self-contained standalone app or audio unit plugin with audio and MIDI connectivity as an AUV3 instrument, audio effect and MIDI effect. No modular experience necessary to get started playing with preset sounds and effects.
You can use Drambo as
• A complete music production and performance environment
• Endless modular playground, that allows you to build, modify and store custom instruments and effects. For instance: build a custom synth, sample and resample, build a Theremin using a gyroscope module, or turn your table into a playable surface, by processing microphone input with physical modelling modules. Get weird or make functional instruments and tools.
• MIDI sequencer, that works with hardware and AUv3 instruments (e.g. Drambo sequences other instruments in an AU host app). Moreover Drambo can generate custom MIDI CC messages or modulation signals to control modular synths via DC coupled interfaces.
• AUv3 synthesizer, effect or sequencer in other DAWs.
• Polyphonic, stereo processing and audio-rate modulation. All signals are equal. Up to 8 voices per modular instrument rack.
• Unique modular concept: cable-less, drag'n'drop, color coding dynamic interface, automatic connections, and customizable compact, rack views.
• Directional flow makes Drambo routing and patching straightforward. Signal flows only left to right, so there are no instant feedback routings in Drambo. Delayed feedback is possible using certain modules.
• Simple and clean interface, that scales to every size and device orientation
• Custom modular racks that can be nested, with presets at the track, rack, and module level.
• Multiple modulators per parameter without additional mixer modules.
• 16-track, polyphonic step sequencer with parameter locks and step components.
• Over 120 modules available, such as: oscillators, samplers, physical modelling modules, LFOs, envelope generators, filters, audio effects, mixers, MIDI processors, sequencers and math functions.
• Morph groups: you can morph many parameters using a single slider.
• Available as a standalone app, AUv3 instrument, effect and midi effect.
• MIDI and MPE support
Drambo is an open-ended app. This is just the beginning. Many modules and exciting updates are planned.
With Drambo, you are in charge. Create the music from your vision to reality.
"Drambo changes the face of iOS music apps." Cult of Mac
Visit https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/ for community content.
- Added 1-N and N-1 Switch modules with optional crossfade between multiple inputs and outputs.
- Added Linear frequency modulation module
- Added Pitch ratio scaler module
- Added Swtich button module
- Added MIDI Bluetooth connection panel
- Fixed: unintended project overwriting, when saving a new template project
- Cycle conditional components are processed on muted tracks.
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Already My Favorite App
All right, so maybe some people are going to think it’s too early to throw around the f-word. But honestly, I think this app is on par with Ableton in terms of being the sort of software I’d actually want to use live. It can legit hold its own next to hardware synths.
And that sequencer. It’s a real blast. I mean, it’s even fun to use it on iPhone... iPhone! It does something that I’ve wanted for a while but never really expected to get: a reliable composition/performance tool that I can carry with me everywhere but still use in the finished song. I can actually sketch out a song on break or something and then go home and continue to work on that idea. And I won’t just abandon the original patch because I have better options on my desk or computer.
So yeah. This app is no joke. This is kinda the most fun I’ve had making music on my phone. And of course the iPad version is no slouch.
What I have been waiting for and more!
Many groove box apps have been developed but are always missing something. Drambo has EVERYTHING I am looking for in a iOS groove box. Still A tad limited on some parts but I’m not complaining. I have also been looking for a basic auv3 sampler for nanostudio 2 where I can Browse files, import folders, preview sounds, load, and start jamming. There are some great choices as to what type of sampler you would like to use With Drambo loaded up. I am also a fan of synthesized drum machines. Not enough auv3 apps for synthesized drum sounds. Drambo covers that. Effect only module in auv3 host? No problem. Midi sequencer? Drambo got it. Did i mention P-Locks? iCloud storage? Modular routing? Drambo can act as an auv3 plug-in for whatever you want on top of being standalone. iElectribe, gadget, and all the other groove box apps need to take notes. This app is BRILLIANT! Can’t wait for further development.
This app is from the future!!!!
EDIT: What???! Version 1.24 is just nuts! How can I add the 6th star to my rating???
I’m absolutely blown away by this app. I just barely scratched the surface with it and tested maybe 2% of it# power, but can see that it has enormous potential. The app feels like a software at its 10th generation, with years of development and improvements, it is hard to believe that it’s just 4 months old.
The concept of this app will be easy to anyone familiar with node workflow. There are many programs like this for desktops, mostly for video post production and 3D such as Davinci Resolve, Nuke, Houdini, etc. except this app makes everything MUCH easier by providing connections between nodes (here called modules) for us.
Since the architecture of this app is extremely open and flexible, it seems very likely that the app will grow and evolve.
Few things I wish for the future updates would be:
***ability to lock the sequencer steps area of the interface. It is easy to accidentally touch a step and erase it / add it while working on other things within the interface.
***some sort of “tree” or “snapshot” view of all dependencies and connections within the created instrument. I see it as a very simple graph which makes it easy to see everything that is going on.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.