IMPORTANT: *REQUIRES* ArcGIS Online Named User account.
Draw Maps for ArcGIS gives you color pens and pencils to make sketches and take notes anywhere in the map. Think of the whole world as being your sketch pad. Move around and zoom to different scales as you draw. Collaborate with others on one map in near real-time (multi-user notes). Take notes while offline using downloaded map packages. Share your maps with friends and business associates.
- Draw and highlight in the map
- 72 colors
- Use the stencil to draw perfect shapes or labels
- Join collaborations hosted in web maps that are Draw Maps enabled
- Take your maps offline with Map Package Download
- Create documents on the device and draw using any web map or basemap as your background
- Send images of your map drawings to other people
- Make as many maps and join as many collaborations as you like
- Works great with Apple Pencil
Example use cases:
- Mining: Take field notes while prospecting (where there is no cell coverage)
- Real Estate: Sketch alternatives while meeting with clients
- Utilities: Survey damage the day after a storm
- Contracting: Document your finished work and include with deliverables.
Currently supports drawing on any ArcGIS Online web map. ArcGIS Enterprise support is coming soon (please contact us if this is a priority for you).
Currently supports English. Partially supports Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Thai. These will be completed soon.
- Offline maps
- New look and feel
- Support for Dark mode in iOS 13
- Fixed bug in Find Places
- Removed Sponsored Mode (too confusing)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very excited about this app
I signed up for a trial license for this app three days ago and started right in working with it on an iPad Pro. I had a little trouble setting up my first project on ArcGIS following the video and written instructions on the developers website, but was successful on the second attempt. I sent the iPad off with my very not-tech-oriented husband and business partner today after having given him a twenty minute orientation on using Draw Maps. A couple of hours later I logged into ArcGIS and was able to watch him drawing and making notes on the map in real time. It really is very simple to use and it does exactly what I needed it to do. We are very happy to have this available and excited to see what’s coming in the future with this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We plan to double down on our efforts to provide better documentation, especially for ArcGIS Online setup, but also for other aspects of using Draw Maps to its fullest.
The app was useless. I downloaded this app because I needed to make myself a map for a game. I could not sign up at all, so I rate this app 1 star!
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with Draw Maps for ArcGIS. This edition of Draw Maps is intended for use with Esri’s ArcGIS, therefore it requires an ArcGIS Online Named User account. For people without access to an Esri ArcGIS Named User account we recommend our standard edition of Draw Maps also found on the App Store entitled “Draw Maps: Map Notes” (the one with the blue icon).
- Bluefield GIS, Inc.
- 135 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Bluefield GIS, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.