The pro version of our popular Drawing Box app. Offers a great number of layers and a large set of brush, pencils and other painting tools.
Drawing Box Pro is the best app for painting and designing on a mobile device. A complete artist necessary tool set, with gorgeous pencil and brush effects. The strong feeling of comfort and the variety of the painting tools are incomparably rich. The pencil has 3 different stroke styles and 9 exclusive hatching effects. Brush, airbrush, watercolor, oil painting and smudge complete the set of artist tools.
The excellent video replay of your paintings will show up your processes and techniques. This is the best tool for teaching, analyzing and sharing your artworks.
Special for Apple Pencil drawing on the iPad Pro:
The Apple Pencil brings new challenges to painting apps with the three totally new specifications: the pointed pencil tip, the tilt angle, and the pressure sensitivity. Drawing Box Pro will give more accuracy compared to the finger tip and other styluses, the painting tool size will produce a really smooth variation by simple tilt the angle of the pen, and the pressure will add dark and saturation to the colors.
The pencils, brushes and other painting tools were enhanced individually to take the biggest advantages from pressure sensitivity and tilt angle cognition. You will feel again the incredible natural way to use pencils, pens and brushes.
Drawing with the Apple Pencil means working with not less than 350 levels of color density without adjusting your tool. In the meantime, you will draw and paint with strokes which can be enlarged up to 7 times their initial size, always without any adjustment.
The necessary tools:
- Color palettes
The artist basic digital features:
- Zoom and pan
- Undo and redo
- Gallery (storage place)
- Size and opacity adjustment
The extra art tools:
- Pencil: 3 styles + 9 hatching heads
- Inkpen: rounded and calligraphic heads
- Art brush: 30 awesome effects
- Airbrush: 9 rich styles
- Watercolor: 10 whooshy brushes
- Oil painting: 3 deep coloring effects
- Smudge: 3 different color merging methods
- Symmetrical drawing: vertical and horizontal orientations
- Shapes: lined, gradient and flat fill.
- Color mixer: create your personal colors.
- Wet effect on the canvas.
Bonus digital features:
- Pressure sensitivity control (compatible with the new Apple Pencil)
- Multi-layers options: duplication, merge down 2 layers, opacity control, layer transition and edition, fill layers with imported pictures from your device library, camera or the application gallery.
- Canvas: rich textures and colors.
- Multiple undos and redos for a faster work edition.
- The gallery artwork is organized by blocks of unlimited number of pages. You can almost create a digital book inside the app, then export it as pdf files. Supported exported formats: psd, png, pdf, video.
- Video replay and sharing of your artworks.
- Paintings can be mixed and duplicated into several blocks.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- The fill function was improved with seamless patterns, and the adjustable size.
- In the app gallery, it's now possible to sort them by date with a small preview
- A better layer moving function.
- General performance improvement.
- Some annoying bugs were fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Good but needs a better icon!
I'm still working through the manual but already this app won me over with its blending tool which is hard to come by in iOS art apps for some reason. My biggest request for art apps, especially now with the Apple Pencil, is that it replicates as well as possible real world media. Most art apps' blenders just push the paint around, "smudging" they call it. Doesn't help me if I want to mix colors.
My one request at the moment though with Drawing Box is a rethink of the icon. Way too amateurish for what's inside. This app deserves a more polished simpler design. It'll attract more users that way too.
Keep your eye on this one!
I have just started to learn to draw and so far like this app it's fairly easy to use. I am still learning how to work with each brush and pencil and the pressure I need to apply for the look I want. Over all I like this app and would recommend it.
Great for the price
I used the free version of this app for a long time then decided to spring for the “pro” version. I do miss some of the effects that were available from the free version, but this one has great features.
The developer, Etienne Nguyen Tan Hon, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Etienne Nguyen Tan Hon
- 55.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Topdune Studio 2016
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Tools And Features $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.