Brainga's Drawing Grid is an app for artists!
If you like to draw or paint pictures from photos with accurate proportions, then the grid method can assist! This approach has been used by artists for ages and now it's been enhanced by tablet technology.
Now you don't have to plot the grid on your photo...let the app do it for you! Key features include:
- Two modes to choose from, featuring three different grid types (FULL VERSION ONLY; this version features 2 out of 3 grid types)
- Change grid color to make lines easier to see
- Resize and reposition: zoom in if you want a larger drawing
- Load pictures from roll or take a new one with camera
- Supports portrait and landscape mode
- Rotate and flip images (FULL VERSION ONLY; options are disabled in this version)
NOTE: A demo of the FULL VERSION is included with this download!!!
Updated user interface
Implemented demo mode of features available in full version
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I'm really disappointed this app only works in "portrait" mode. I very rarely have my iPad turned this direction...I need the app to work in landscape rotation.
Easy to Use
It meets most of my criteria, the first being that the image can be moved and resized independent of the grid. With no help associated with this app, you do have to figure out what it does on its own. Make sure you register for the full app to really appreciate it. That full app costs $1, which is money well spent. Its weakness is it is not as responsive as it could be when turning the iPad from landscape to portrait, but give it a shake and it will rotate. I could not find a way to save a picture/grid so saved by doing a manual screen save. This is a miner point against many great features and an exceptionally good price!
Works As Expected
This is a nice utility that does exactly what I need it to do.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.