Award-Winning PreK-8 Math Program
DreamBox Learning is an award-winning PreK-8 digital math program developed by educators with proven effectiveness. Awarded Best Math Learning Solution in 2019 by the EdTech Breakthrough Awards and scoring the highest privacy rating by Common Sense Media, DreamBox is meaningful screen-time that kids love!
What You Need to Know About DreamBox:
• Independent studies from Harvard and SRI found that kids who use DreamBox 60 minutes per week improved their math scores by 60% more than kids who don’t use DreamBox.
• Interactive lessons with a game-like experience keep kids engaged – serious learning that’s seriously fun!
• Adaptive technology meets each learner right where they are and adjusts based on how kids are solving problems for a truly personalized learning experience that’s age and grade agnostic.
• Rigorous curriculum and rich learning pathways develop conceptual understanding, critical thinking, mental math skills, and procedural fluency.
• Students learn independently with built-in help and in-the-moment scaffolding for “just in time” support tailored to their unique needs.
• All student lessons are available either in English or Spanish and have closed captioning.
• Parent and Educator Dashboards provide insight into each child’s growth and proficiency to help identify learning needs and celebrate learning milestones.
• Using math proficiency insights, parents and educators can assign specific concepts or skills based on areas where additional support is needed.
• Reporting aligned to all state standards.
• Available for either school or home accounts. For school accounts, a school login is required. Contact your school for set-up instructions.
By downloading the DreamBox Math app, students will have access to its full preK-8 curriculum.
“DreamBox is such a fun platform for learning math for my kids. We have been using it for three years, sometimes as a primary resource and sometimes as a supplement to another program. Even when choosing another program, we keep the DreamBox subscription as a "go to" when the kids are feeling less motivated for book work.” —Fonda, Parent
“DreamBox is awesome! My kiddo loves it and looks forward to playing on it. I love that they are learning so much, and that they think it's a game!” —Jules, Parent
“DreamBox helps students understand the background information; making them stronger mathematically, conceptually, and helping them fully understand the material. That’s what I like. They’re walking away with a deeper understanding of math.” —Amber, Teacher
“DreamBox allows our teachers to really provide in-the-moment differentiation to reach each student where they are.” —Leia, Principal
* Seamless login through Clever
* New lessons!
* Messaging between teachers and students
Ratings and Reviews
I liked this app before but the problem is I don’t like the “older kid” theme. I liked that you could be whatever character you wanted and the silly titles like “Allie The Alligator.” I think we should be able to choose if we want the older kid theme or younger kid theme. Besides that, the younger kid level was really fun and entertaining. I saw other reviews about not liking the younger kid theme, I don’t like the older kid theme, so it would be better if we could choose. Having silly names can make it easier for some kids to remember these things, but that’s not everyone’s trick. Teachers and Parents spend $$$ on DreamBox, so if we could choose the theme it would be less a waste of $$$. DreamBox can use improvement, but some people find it nice. I recommend this app for people who will take a younger kid theme with talking animals and mermaids, and themes that are for older kids with none of that stuff.
It’s not my favorite.
I don’t like this really. 1 when I fail every problem and keep failing it it just says I didn’t complete it. It’s like your teacher telling you to fix your mistakes. 2 It’s doesn’t tell me when it’s gonna change something. It’s confusing for the person to know you could just tell the person who’s playing it. 3 there’s like too much stuff that is getting confusing. Like the quests, why can they do it themselves? AND I NEED TO LIKE DO LIKE 4000 QUEST FROM 4 PEOPLE. JUST LET THERE FRIENDS HELP YOU 4. The items. They need SO MUCH STUFF JUST FOR A THING? The fairy could do it there self. The Timetraveler just EW. JUST ALL OF IT IS EW! LIKE JUST DELETE ALL OF IT! ITS GARBAGE I HAT ALL OF IT! I would never let my kid play Dreambox Just saying oops when you get it wrong that’s just making people feel bad for themselves. At school. I got a single lesson done. IT TOOK ME 45 MINUTES JUST TO FINISH IT. Just a “single problem to complete.” Just staring at your screen and just saying “oops! Try Again!” I would not try again. And the welcoming I would never trust. “Welcome to the dreambox neighborhood! Have fun on your learning adventure!” First about that it’s not fun second it’s not a adventure. It’s a nightmare. Third it’s not a. Neighborhood. It’s just abusing quests.
So at my school we do DreamBox and I mean there are just so many things i hate about it. One, when ever I’m close to finishing a lesson it just adds more problems for me to do and it’s just really annoying. Two, the lessons don’t even really make me learn anything because when ever I get something wrong and it says “oops” it doesn’t give you the reason why you got it wrong. Three, when I get the answer wrong and it says “oops” it kinda makes me feel bad..it doesn’t say stuff like “good try but try again” or..maybe look at your answer again” but NOPE it just says “oops” witch sometimes makes people feel really bad about them selfs. Four, they don’t make the lessons fun for kids..it’s really boring and it sometimes takes seven minutes to complete ONE lesson because it’s giving you little credit for each of your answers. The little mini games on there are really stupid and short..it’s probably 50 seconds each to do one mini game. If I ever have children and dreambox is still around I will do there lessons for them because I really don’t think kids should do something this bad 😕
And again this is just my opinion so pls don’t hate on this review if you don’t agree.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- DreamBox Learning
- 1.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 DreamBox Learning. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.