Play Harry Dresden and his friends as they take on the cases from the bestselling Dresden Files novels in the ultimate what-if scenario—what if Harry was on the scene with allies who weren’t there in the original story? The core game includes Harry, Murphy, Susan, Michael, and the Alphas and plays through the first five novels as well as Side Jobs, a random scenario generator based on the short story collection of the same name. Designs are already well underway for expansions featuring more series characters and more novels.
Number of players: 1-5
Length: 30 minutes
Type of Game: Cooperative
This is the officially licensed version of the tabletop game by Evil Hat.
The Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game, the Fate logo, and related images are trademarks of Evil Hat and are ©2016 Evil Hat Productions, LLC. Based upon the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. All rights reserved.
Update 2.0.7 includes a variety of fixes for gameplay and UI bugs.
• Fix several instances wherea player might be prompted to pick a player to discard, pick a card to discard, or pick a player to draw cards during the showdown.
• Card selection cursor should now be properly hidden in the moments after a card is played.
• Using Winter Lady Molly's "Power of the Lady" talent to modify the die roll on one of Susan Rodriguez's infected card rolls will no longer lock up the game.
• If "Alphas to the Rescue" defeats a foe with another foe in the next column, the next foe will now correctly also receive hits.
• Fixed some issues with things like investigate cards that add hits to foes being treated like attack cards when modifying dice.
• Removed the 'onward' button when from the game type selection screen. It was unnecessary and confusing.
• There is now an optional "Utility" button on the character selection dialog, which can be used to preview discards, or other (known) information. Implemented this for Ra's Imbued Fire when selecting a character to draw from discards and other cards that draw from discards.
• Don't let the player resign while showing the setup sequence. This should prevent some issues with getting stuck in pre-game planning that sometimes occurs after redeal in solitaire games.
• "Try Again" after a defeat now works correctly when playing with more than two players in a pass-and-play game.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing digital port!
I know nothing of the books the game is based on but can still proclaim this a really original card game! I love how, unlike most card games, it really feels like some open book test as all of the environmental cards are already there before you as well as the majority of your characters' cards from the start. With the cards in front of you, can you plot the best course of action to best clear the board?
Update: Game Suffers from Fatal Balancing Issue
Update: At 40+ games in, game is still unwinnable (I have two ties). Developer, please add a "winnable game" option. I'd even take it as an IAP. $0.99 for Winnable Games. There just isn't enough Fate to win. Period. This reflects poor balancing and testing, which is unfortunate since this game has such potential.
I am enjoying this game, but I'm not sure why. I am a fan of the books, and I loved the short-lived series, so maybe that's it. I've been playing over and over again on "easy" and I always lose. There just aren't enough cards to burn for fate to finish anything. That, and there appears to be too much luck involved. That could add to replay ability, but 9 out of 10 dice rolls go against me, so it's frustrating.
Ok, removing one star. Any game should be winnable at some point. After more than 20 games I just can't win this game at "easy." Way more frustrating than fun. When constructing a card or board game, one of the most tedious aspects is the testing for balance. This game needed way more testing before being released.
Tough but fun
This is a fantastic co-op card game that feels fun and true to the wonderful book series. This is a tough game so don’t plan to win all of the time of even most of the time. This game requires planning, thought, and a bit of luck to win. This is also a complex enough game that the play works better when you are playing with others instead of using the solitaire mode and trying to remember everything yourself.
RECOMMENDATION: Would be nice to have a single buy option to get all expansions, instead of having to buy each individually.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hidden Achievement, LLC
- 149.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Hidden Achievement LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Expansion 1 - Fan Favorites $3.99
- Expansion 2 - Helping Hands $3.99
- Mouse & Variants $2.99
- Expansion 3 - Wardens Attack $3.99
- Expansion 4 - Dead Ends $3.99
- Expansion 5 - Winter Schemes $3.99
- Ra Crossover $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.