Play Harry Dresden and his friends as they take on the cases from the bestselling Dresden Files novels in the ultimate what-if scenario—what if Harry was on the scene with allies who weren’t there in the original story? The core game includes Harry, Murphy, Susan, Michael, and the Alphas and plays through the first five novels as well as Side Jobs, a random scenario generator based on the short story collection of the same name. Designs are already well underway for expansions featuring more series characters and more novels.
Number of players: 1-5
Length: 30 minutes
Type of Game: Cooperative
This is the officially licensed version of the tabletop game by Evil Hat.
The Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game, the Fate logo, and related images are trademarks of Evil Hat and are ©2016 Evil Hat Productions, LLC. Based upon the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. All rights reserved.
• Tapping to dismiss the turn change notification no longer selects a card underneath
• The Mothers now prompts correctly to move obstacles when the only obstacle is in the lower row
• Ra can no longer pick an obstacle from either row for his overcome card that should only work on the obstacle at shortest range
• Side effects of foes defeated by Kincaid's "Cover Fire" talent are now applied correctly
• Unswayed by Temptation and other 'target and adjacent-that-is-not-the-same-type-as-the-action-target' cards now log their secondary targets
• Effects that adding 1 hit to each foe or 1 clue to each case now properly affect all foes/cases when it defeats the previous foe/case in a row
• Re-deal now works correctly when set to random character selection
Ratings and Reviews
If you are a fan of the Dresden Files books by Jim Butcher or Fate dice games, this is for you! It supports pass and play either locally or online. Lots of fun and the difficulty can be raised to make it very challenging.
My only request is that the developers make the music tracks loop so I can enjoy the extra ambience for the entire game.
To anyone thinking the game is ‘too tough’, it’s supposed to be tough. I have the board game version and my friends an I can win on ‘normal’ without much table talk. We are working up to the most difficult mode.
Update: Game Suffers from Fatal Balancing Issue
Update: At 40+ games in, game is still unwinnable (I have two ties). Developer, please add a "winnable game" option. I'd even take it as an IAP. $0.99 for Winnable Games. There just isn't enough Fate to win. Period. This reflects poor balancing and testing, which is unfortunate since this game has such potential.
I am enjoying this game, but I'm not sure why. I am a fan of the books, and I loved the short-lived series, so maybe that's it. I've been playing over and over again on "easy" and I always lose. There just aren't enough cards to burn for fate to finish anything. That, and there appears to be too much luck involved. That could add to replay ability, but 9 out of 10 dice rolls go against me, so it's frustrating.
Ok, removing one star. Any game should be winnable at some point. After more than 20 games I just can't win this game at "easy." Way more frustrating than fun. When constructing a card or board game, one of the most tedious aspects is the testing for balance. This game needed way more testing before being released.
Tough but fun
This is a fantastic co-op card game that feels fun and true to the wonderful book series. This is a tough game so don’t plan to win all of the time of even most of the time. This game requires planning, thought, and a bit of luck to win. This is also a complex enough game that the play works better when you are playing with others instead of using the solitaire mode and trying to remember everything yourself.
RECOMMENDATION: Would be nice to have a single buy option to get all expansions, instead of having to buy each individually.
- Hidden Achievement, LLC
- 210.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2017 Hidden Achievement LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Expansion 1 - Fan Favorites $3.99
- Expansion 2 - Helping Hands $3.99
- Expansion 3 - Wardens Attack $3.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.