-Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good release. Needs minor update.
For 99c the game is a great deal. I've been a fan of the series since the last game and I spend a good amount of time playing that game. This new game is even better in my opinion, but there are minor issues that the devs should fix.
- Better selection of cars including rx7, supra, and skyline inspired.
- No ugly liveries like in the previous game.
- Togue and street tracks make a great change up from previous game
- Fair amount of in-game $ is earned through races.
- Soundtrack. (can be muted and own music can be selected, though)
- Song titles pop up on bottom of screen during race, even when music is muted. This causes FPS drop and is visually distracting. NEEDS FIX.
- Overall higher CPU usage presumably from the more graphically rich environments. Unlike the previous game, I've noticed random FPS drops while playing on iPad Mini.
- Multiplayer connection loss. Although I've only tried a few times, the multiplayer races that i've managed to join have been incredibly laggy and I was disconnected quickly
The Verdict: If you enjoy drifting or have played the previous drift mania games, you'll certainly enjoy this. Hopefully these minor issues will be sorted out soon as improvements and fixes would enhance the game.
I downloaded Drift Mania: Street Outlaws for iPad on the recommendation from a friend, and I'm glad I did. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is crazy fun and I love the fact I can import my own music. I mostly play racing games, and I really like that this game requires some skill with the drifting technique. I'll be playing this for awhile, and I'll surely recommend it to my friends.
Developer Response ,
Hey DJ Maddux,
Fantastic! We're so glad your friend recommended Drift Mania: Street Outlaws to you. Thank you for taking the time to rate the game five stars and leave a review!
Was expecting better.
I bought drift mania championship 2 before and I was hoping this game would be a improvement but it seems to be the same thing except you're driving on streets. Graphics are nice and all but controls didn't improve, I wish they would change them to make it easier to have control over the car somehow. Also IMO they should keep the cars real without altering the looks and changing the names. It's only 0.99 but I really hope they improve their games in the future.
- Maple Media Holdings, LLC
- 1.8 GB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Ratrod Studio Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Bag of Cash Bundle (Save 25%) $4.99
- Bank Vault Cash bundle (Save 50%) $24.99
- Briefcase Cash bundle (Save 35%) $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.