An useful tool for Oil & Gas students and professionals about the Driller's Method. By buying this app you are contributing to the viability of this project. Thanks
The Driller's Method for Mac provides to drillers, tool pushers, engineers, chemists, students and other professionals in the petroleum industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling of oil wells and in the understanding of the driller's method of well control.
It is an useful tool to import data files from our apps for OS X and iOS (Drilling Hydraulics and Kick Tolerance) and also for iOS (Drilling Simulators, Kick Game, LOT Simulator, MPD Simulator and Well Control Simulators) available for sale in our portfolio on the App Store.
This application uses the basic calculations of the driller's method to control oil wells after the occurrence of kick during drilling operations on floating platforms and land rigs.
This version is completely interactive and allows users to define a wide variety of parameters for oil wells and unit system, save data and more.
1) Calculations of Riser Safety Margin;
2) Included the formulas;
3) Ability to work with files on iCloud and on Mac;
4) Pop-up view to alert user about invalid values;
5) Ability to move drill string and position of kick off the bottom;
6) Views with calculations of hydrostatics, capacities, volumes and more.
7) Defining the parameters of the well, drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
8) Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
9) Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
10) Calculation of the ECD on bottom hole and the casing shoe;
11) Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe;
12) Selecting the system of units. Select per parameter, too.
15) Drill string sections: Drill pipe 1, Drill pipe 2, Heavy weight, drill collar 1 and drill collar 2.
16) Included Qty / Size of Jet Nozzles;
17) Option for Bit TFA fixed;
18) View for Internal pipe and Annulus friction losses and hydrostatic calculations.
19) Directional basics Hydrostatic calculations (KOP, Bottom Hole and Casing Shoe TVD and Measured Depth)
20) Summary of method.
21) Optimized for horizontal and directional wells.
This app was developed based on existing spreadsheets. There is no comparison with any other software.
Our goal was to create a low-cost application with the help of experts to share with drilling engineers, technicians, drillers, students and teachers of drilling engineering.
There is no intention to replace the professional softwares.
You can contribute with suggestions for improvements, correcting the translation to english, reporting bugs and spreading it to your friends.
These tools & materials are provided 'as is' without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
Please verify the tools provided by this application by yourself before you use them. Ensure you understand the impact of using these tools.
Any use you choose to make of these tools & materials is undertaken by you entirely at you own risk.
- Added compatibility with dark mode view
- Added "Unit System" with decimals settings
- Added Operational Limits calculations
- Added "Riser Safety Margin" Calculations
- Added "Kick Tolerance" definitions
- Added formulas on Directional Wells
- Added other improvements
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Carlos Moura
- 10.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Carlos Moura, All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.