Dringend is a fast and easy to use iOS and Mac development environment for your iPhone and iPad. Program and build your apps on the go from your device (remote Mac also required for building) using a beautiful and intuitive code editor and all your changes will be synced back to your Mac when your done. Even make use of git source control to commit and push your code changes to a remote repository and to the rest of your team.
Wherever you may be in the world, whether on a beach or sitting at a cafe you can continue to develop your apps and even build and run them right where you are.
Dringend is your perfect companion for developing your apps and testing them whilst you're on the road.
VIDEO demo can be found at dringend.cc
• Build your iOS projects on device (remote Mac also required)
• Full syntax highlighting for both Swift and Objective-C
• Git support (including cloning repositories, SSH key authentication, committing changes, pushing, pulling, switching branches and working with submodules)
• Robust find and replace within files
• Full project-wide file and file contents search
• Recent files menu in the code editor to make it quick to switch between often accessed files
• Code structure list to view methods and pragma marks in files
• Smart bracket detection when inserting brackets
• Additional keys to make accessing commonly used programming keys easier
• Project syncing with Dropbox
• Full keyboard dock and bluetooth keyboard support
• Import Xcode projects/workspaces from Dropbox
• Import files from Dropbox
• Create new Xcode projects from templates (same as in Xcode)
• Create new files from Xcode templates
• Delete, move and edit the Xcode project/workspace structure
Your projects can be built and run on the iPad however this will require a Mac running 'The Constructor.app', more information on which can be found on the website at dringend.cc/constructor.
More information can be found on the website at dringend.cc and if you have any issues, requests or need any help feel free to contact us on Twitter @dringendapp.
A small update to polish the app for iPhone X users and also to prepare for changes in iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing game changing product
This is an exciting product and exactly what I've been searching for. I initially had some problems using the latest xcode 8.3 with dringend, but after reporting this, Josh quickly solved my problem. I'm now, like others, looking forward to the promised storyboard support to make this tool complete. This tool finally makes moving to an iPad pro make sense.
Real iOS App Development on the iPad
Apple refuses the acknowledge the developer on the iPad despite continuing to say the iPad is “pro”! This app proves that the iPad Pro can be a first class developer platform. Before I leave on a trip, I just make sure that I push all my latest changes to GitHub (which is nicely integrated into the app). I can do development on the plane rides, and as soon as I get to my destination, I do a remote build and I get the newly built app installed on my local iPad. I bought a new Mac Mini that I leave in my rack at home for the remote builds. I really want to try using the aircraft WiFi to launch my next build on the plane and see how that goes :). I ran into a small issue and the developer was awesome with support. I had the wrong Xcode selected because of previous betas, so just make sure you run xcode-select and all will be well. This is by far the best developer productivity tool for traveling iOS developers. I’m even able to have a common UI theme between Xcode and Dringend!
This app is great as it allows you to continue your work on the go. It’s seemless with building apps directly to your device. Plus, the dev is wonderful to speak with and is very knowledgeable. Also helped me figure out an issue I had quickly with no troubles at all.
All in all, this app is the only one of its kind and works very good. Can’t wait to see what they have in store for future updates!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.