Drive Mounty is an essential tool for anyone using network drives (i.e. NAS):
• Add a network drive for monitoring.
• Drive Mounty will automatically try to reconnect it when it disappears (such as when installing an update).
• Once the network drive is available, Drive Mounty will remount it!
• Simple to use interface.
• Integrated with Notification Centre to keep track of events and allow you to monitor what has happened.
• Ability to set connection attempt limits or have it keep trying forever!
• Once the network drive is configured (with username and password stored to the keychain), no user input is required.
• Autonomous mode - Drive Mounty can be configured to run on startup and minimised so it doesn't get in your way whilst it's keeping an eye on your network drives.
• Unlimited number of network drives can be monitored (requires in-app purchase).
• Home network mode - Drive Mounty will only try to reconnect to your devices when on your home network. If away, it won't attempt to! You can update your home network in the preferences and turn this option on or off.
• Sleep and Wake detection - Drive mounty will now stop and restart monitoring when you Mac goes to sleep or wakes.
Please note: This version (without the one-time in-app purchase) will only allow you to monitor one network drive and once a drive has been reconnected it will stop monitoring. This version is free to allow you to evaluate the app features.
• Fixed issue with in-app purchase failing - sorry about that!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great, but buggy
I bought this and have loved it for what it can do. I have a NAS that hosts all my media, but I set that system to shutdown every night to save power, and then automatically start up in the mornings. This app does a good job of remounting those drives in the morning when the NAS is available again, so bravo. HOWEVER, I too have found that when left running for several days at a time in the backround it will tend to stall, eat up all the RAM on the system and even create HUGE .plist files. I routinely have to go to it's preference folder and clear out tons of 1.22GB files or it will overrun my hard drive in a week or two. This has to be some weird bug that needs fixed. I have this setup on a remote mac mini that I only access via screen sharing, so once every couple weeks I'll remote into it to find Mac OS saying all my RAM is used and space on the HD is also low. I shutdown Drive Mounty, delete about 100GB worth of temp plist files it created and then restart. I actually still use this app daily even with these bugs because the service it provides is invaluable to me.
Drive Mounty worked as expected until I tried to purchase the Pro version. After going through the purchase process it froze on purchasing. When I try to restore purchase it freezes on "Contacting App Store". I've verifed that the purchase is in my history but it can't seem to complete or restore purchases.
Developer Response ,
Hi Us7300, sorry to hear this. I’ve just pushed up a fix for this issue. Please let me know if this solves the issue once released by Apple. Thx.
When it works well, it does exactly what I need it to. However, it frequently crashes or spins it wheels forever. Most annoying, every few days it mounts the drive not once, but repeatedly 10 or 15 times, so my desktop is filled with icons of the mounted drive. The App Support link on the App Store links to a blog, but no contact information is given for support.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Garry Whitten
- 1.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Garry Whitten
- In-App Purchases
- Drive Mounty Pro Version $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.