*2020 Webby Award Winner: Best Voice App*
Play Drive.fm - the world’s first and only app that lets you safely play interactive audio content, hands-free! Whether you are driving for your commute, drive for work, or on a road trip, Drive.fm helps to entertain you and others in the car in a fun and interactive way. Drive.fm can also be played hands-free in the home while washing dishes, folding laundry, or getting ready for the day. On top of that, it's family friendly too! Featured and supported by leading investors and press like Techcrunch, Mashable, Amazon, and Google.
Want to be more productive? Commute got you down? Road trip filled with silence? Now you can beat the boredom with Drive.fm!
- Play our hilariously hosted trivia show!
- Train your brain across seven trivia categories: Music, Literature, TV & Film, History & Society, The World, Science & Technology, and Sports & Leisure.
- Get to know Liam and Melissa, our friendly and funny hosts who quiz our players on a variety of interesting topics.
- Subscribers can play our whole back catalog 480+ Drive.fm Trivia shows!
- Movie buff? These quizzes focus on a specific movie, from the overall plot to the nitty gritty details.
- Make it a real Showdown by challenging your friends and family. See who knows more to determine Superfan superiority!
- Test your music and song recognition skills with TuneTime!
- 80's Rock? 90's Pop? Choose your music genre and decade, and see how many songs you can get right.
- Play by yourself or with friends to see who is the master of the music.
- Completely hands-free gameplay and safe for drivers as the app is voice-activated so you can focus on the road.
- Drivers have the ability to play entirely in the background, so you can keep your map app in the foreground while you are on a commute or road trip!
- Your voice data is 100% private.
- On the road or at home with friends or family? Play Would You Rather to answer hilarious questions and scenarios!
- The latest speech recognition technology with near 100% accuracy.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS
Drive.fm offers an auto-renewing monthly subscription at $4.99/month and an auto-renewing yearly subscription at $49.99/year to provide you with unlimited access to Drive.fm Premium content while you maintain an active subscription.
Payment will be charged to the credit card connected to your iTunes Account when you confirm the initial subscription purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be identified. You may manage your subscription and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after the purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
Terms of service: https://www.drive.fm/terms-of-service
- General bug / crash fixes and app improvements
Thanks for playing Drive.fm! As always, let us know any feedback you have at email@example.com - and happy driving!
Ratings and Reviews
I like it! Road trip version?
I like this app! I’m always for learning new things and random facts! I have one question, does this keep going and going if let’s say a person were to drive for 7 hours in the car? If not I think it would be great if it could give us questions from previous days, just keep getting questions from days that we missed or in the past because I can see how this can be used as a good road trip game! 😄
Also, could you make an offline version? I’ve played this a few times now and it’s lost connection once I leave my WiFi area. And I can’t exactly stop driving and reconnect, and I don’t like to check my phone while driving either. Thank you! :)
Fun for Long Drives But Buggy
I downloaded this app because I tend to get bored on my hour commutes and I already like listening to trivia. I love the games and the snippets but don’t play to use this app if your drive will take you anywhere rural or where your service will go to anything below 4 bars. You could be screaming directly into the microphone and the app won’t pick it up. It’s very sensitive to this and will go out on a big highway in the middle of the city too. The creators seem to know this though because it says “you may have lost signal” and repeats the question instead of marking you wrong but it’s still frustrating. The app also doesn’t work as harmoniously with Apple CarPlay as you would hope. The creators must also know this because they have a prompt for that too. The content is currently a little bit on the slim side for its monthly price tag but it does look like they’re actively working to add more.
Unexpected plus side - I would say this app would be great for people that are blind/cannot use apps and games that rely on visual cues only. It seems like it’s very accessible with its voice prompts.
TL/DR: great idea but needs to be improved upon for its price tag.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. We aim to make the Drivetime experience as consistent and high quality as possible, which results in requiring a stable connection while playing. You're right about the content, we're adding and improving on our content library every week! If you have any other questions or concerns, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to address them. Thanks!
This is app is a lot of fun, and the only one of its kind, I’ve looked.
That being said; it costs WAY too much money ($9.99 a month) for a trivia game. There is a free version but you get 1 episode a day (24 minutes long) so you have to chose drive to work or drive home, and my commute is almost an hour, so I did the free trial for 7 days, you can play as many episodes as you want and it was great, but when my trial ended I couldn’t justify $10 a month for a game. Maybe $10 for a lifetime, but a subscription it’s over the top. I also notice that when my trial ended, the game started acting up. It’s never on the right day so sometimes I’ll use my free episode and then it will get stuck for three days and it will say I’ve already played, so I can’t play for three days. I tried to clear the cache, sign out, and redownload the app to no avail. I think this concept was great if they would fix the issues and pricing.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear you enjoy the app! We have a LOT of great new games and awesome content planned for the app over time, so we are confident that everyone will feel that the subscription offers great value for money. Please stay tuned, and happy Drivetiming!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Drivetime, Inc.
- 82.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2021 Drivetime, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Drivetime Premium $9.99
- Drivetime Premium $4.99
- Drivetime Premium $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.