Want to make money flying your drone? Want to get more experience and training as a professional drone pilot? You’ll find both here. DroneBase is the world’s largest drone operations company with customers in residential real estate, commercial real estate, insurance, construction, and more.
Whether you are a full-time, professional drone operator, or just getting started with commercial flying, DroneBase wants to help you build your business, sharpen your skills, and have fun flying. Our app streamlines your workflow so you can spend more time flying and getting paid!
The DroneBase Pilot app is free for our pilots and lets you:
* Accept Client Missions Instantly: Never miss a Mission with push notifications. Get on-the-go access to your completed & upcoming Missions, shot lists, schedule, and more
* Fly Your DJI Drone Seamlessly: Our deep integration with DJI’s SDK means you’re able to find and fly available Missions without switching apps
* New Features on Fly Mode: We’re continually improving our App and updating with the latest DJI advancements so you get the most out of your flying
For licensed pilots interested in making money with their drones, it’s simple: download our app, create an account, and fill out your profile. DroneBase will provide you with onboarding and training (when applicable) to get you started. You’ll receive detailed instructions for each Mission, and we process all the imagery so you can focus on doing what you love - flying your drone.
Visit www.dronebase.com/pilots for more information and support.
Recommended & Verified DJI Drone Models (Fully Supported)
* Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Pro Platinum, Air
* Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Advanced & Phantom 4 Pro v2
* Phantom 3 Standard, Advanced, 4K & Professional
* Inspire 1, Inspire 1 Pro & Inspire 1 RAW
Compatible DJI Drone Models (Unverified)
* Matrice 600 & Matrice 600 Pro, RTK and Ronin MX
* Matrice 200
* Matrice 100 with X3, X5 & X5R
* Inspire 2
* Mavic Air
* Spark (Not Recommended for DB Missions)
Supported iPhone Models:
* iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
* iPhone 6s / 6s Plus
* iPhone SE
* iPhone 7 / 7 Plus
* iPhone 8 / 8 Plus
* iPhone X
* iPhone XS / XS Max
* iPhone XR
* iPhone 11
* iPhone 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max
Supported iPad Models:
* iPad Air
* iPad Mini 2/3/4
* iPad Air 2
* iPad Pro
* iPad (2017)
- Fixed an issue where the drone would resume an automated flight from the start instead of where it was paused or where a battery swap was initiated
- Fixed an issue where the resume/launch flight button would occasionally appear inactive after a drone has returned home during 360 Pano mission battery swap
- Improved flight logging for diagnostics
Ratings and Reviews
Decreasing pay, now NO pay
They used to be decent...then, early in January, communication with DroneBase became oddly difficult. Simultaneously, they decreased payouts by about 18%, only to claim that this would be beneficial for pilots in the long run (obviously the opposite is true).
Now, they’ve failed to pay for nearly 3 weeks for completed work. Their payroll provider, Qwil, that DroneBase asked them to suspend payments. DroneBase countered and said it’s a “miscommunication” with their bank. Obviously, between an 18% decrease in pay and now payments that obviously aren’t coming (under the guise of a “miscommunication” with the bank), it seems that DroneBase has run out of money.
Good for practice
Ok I’ve been using Dronebase for about a year now. I started out just doing simple flights to grab pictures of buildings and have expanded to doing pano and ortho shots in the last month or two. You expand your knowledge and training level as you go.
The app is nice and I receive a good 4 to 6 missions I can do per month. I think it really depends on where you live. Can I live off it? No, but it’s nice learning some of the ins and outs of the drone industry.
Now they have slowed payments too.... by a lot. I used to do a job and get paid by the next week. My last job was completed by me last Tuesday, passed by Dronebase last Friday, and I won’t see payment until the Monday after this next week. So in total close to a 3 week wait for payment.
In all not a bad app for finding drone work, just don’t go thinking you’ll be able to quit your day job with it. Know what you’re getting into. They seem to only accept DJI drones and I would recommend having at least a Mavic 2, or Phantom 4 to start using this app.
Wow, great company to fly for!!!!
I have had nothing but positive experiences with this company. They are fast to reply to any of my emails, even if it is just to ask general questions. I recently had an issue with a mission that was 50 miles away, and couldn't complete it do to complications with the management. Dronebase gave me a payment for my drive; that was definitely nice of them to do that. Also, Qwil, which is the payment system they use is fine, as long as it is set up ;) It does take a week or 2 for the money to be deposited in your bank, but you can pay a tiny fee for same day transfer; Qwil isn’t perfect, but it’s not the worse thing. I really cant wait to see what this company has coming down the line, but I will be ready! Thanks DroneBase for a great experience!!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DroneBase, Inc.
- 307.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 DroneBase, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.