Want to make money flying your drone? Want to get more experience and training as a professional drone pilot? You’ll find both here. DroneBase is the world’s largest drone operations company with customers in residential real estate, commercial real estate, insurance, construction, and more.
Whether you are a full-time, professional drone operator, or just getting started with commercial flying, DroneBase wants to help you build your business, sharpen your skills, and have fun flying. Our app streamlines your workflow so you can spend more time flying and getting paid!
The DroneBase Pilot app is free for our pilots and lets you:
* Accept Client Missions Instantly: Never miss a Mission with push notifications. Get on-the-go access to your completed & upcoming Missions, shot lists, schedule, and more
* Fly Your DJI Drone Seamlessly: Our deep integration with DJI’s SDK means you’re able to find and fly available Missions without switching apps
* New Features on Fly Mode: We’re continually improving our App and updating with the latest DJI advancements so you get the most out of your flying
For licensed pilots interested in making money with their drones, it’s simple: download our app, create an account, and fill out your profile. DroneBase will provide you with onboarding and training (when applicable) to get you started. You’ll receive detailed instructions for each Mission, and we process all the imagery so you can focus on doing what you love - flying your drone.
Visit www.dronebase.com/pilots for more information and support.
Recommended & Verified DJI Drone Models (Fully Supported)
* Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Pro Platinum, Air
* Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Advanced & Phantom 4 Pro v2
* Phantom 3 Standard, Advanced, 4K & Professional
* Inspire 1, Inspire 1 Pro & Inspire 1 RAW
Compatible DJI Drone Models (Unverified)
* Matrice 600 & Matrice 600 Pro, RTK and Ronin MX
* Matrice 200
* Matrice 100 with X3, X5 & X5R
* Inspire 2
* Mavic Air
* Spark (Not Recommended for DB Missions)
Supported iPhone Models:
* iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
* iPhone 6s / 6s Plus
* iPhone SE
* iPhone 7 / 7 Plus
* iPhone 8 / 8 Plus
* iPhone X
* iPhone XS / XS Max
* iPhone XR
* iPhone 11
* iPhone 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max
Supported iPad Models:
* iPad Air
* iPad Mini 2/3/4
* iPad Air 2
* iPad Pro
* iPad (2017)
* Improved flight path optimization
* There will now be a shutter noise when taking images during an automated flight
* Flight timer is now represented in minutes and seconds
* Improved the accuracy and responsiveness of H.S and V.S indicators
* You can now access the fly screen without needing a drone connection
* Fixed an issue where the drone could not be manually controlled if flight was paused due to obstacle avoidance without using the mode switcher
* Fixed an issue where RTH could not be cancelled via onscreen button
* Fixed an issue where drone would not start automated flight if there was a forward/backward obstacle detected upon takeoff
* Fixed an issue where information would be occasionally truncated in the bottom indicators
* Fixed an issue where app would crash after attempting to resume an automated flight after switching flight modes during a flight
* Fixed an issue where the battery change warning message did not appear immediately when RTH was triggered for low battery/battery change required
* Fixed an issue where the flight plan would be cancelled if a user finishes an ortho and leaves the fly screen
* Fixed an issue where pilots were unable to select Ground Photos shot from the shotlist when they first open the ground photos screen
* Fixed an issue where tapping on the mini camera feed would not switch the view mode unless you tapped the icon directly
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Decreasing pay, now NO pay
They used to be decent...then, early in January, communication with DroneBase became oddly difficult. Simultaneously, they decreased payouts by about 18%, only to claim that this would be beneficial for pilots in the long run (obviously the opposite is true).
Now, they’ve failed to pay for nearly 3 weeks for completed work. Their payroll provider, Qwil, that DroneBase asked them to suspend payments. DroneBase countered and said it’s a “miscommunication” with their bank. Obviously, between an 18% decrease in pay and now payments that obviously aren’t coming (under the guise of a “miscommunication” with the bank), it seems that DroneBase has run out of money.
Wow, great company to fly for!!!!
I have had nothing but positive experiences with this company. They are fast to reply to any of my emails, even if it is just to ask general questions. I recently had an issue with a mission that was 50 miles away, and couldn't complete it do to complications with the management. Dronebase gave me a payment for my drive; that was definitely nice of them to do that. Also, Qwil, which is the payment system they use is fine, as long as it is set up ;) It does take a week or 2 for the money to be deposited in your bank, but you can pay a tiny fee for same day transfer; Qwil isn’t perfect, but it’s not the worse thing. I really cant wait to see what this company has coming down the line, but I will be ready! Thanks DroneBase for a great experience!!!
1 year - no luck
I have waited a whole year to rate this app & company and I really expected better results. I have been signed up with Drone Base for about a year. To date I have only received one notification in which I declined because the reimbursement (payment) was less than the actual gas to drive 2hrs away not even factoring my time and outside costs. I have only once received a notification on my old iphone, the other 3 potential jobs were already contracted by the time an email was received to accept. I think it’s a great concept but I am a little disappointed that I haven’t got a chance to accept viable “missions” in a year. I would love to have my kind changed on this rating but so far it’s been a bummer. I have done everything asked, purchase top equipment, obtain licensing, insurance, and knowledge but nothing on Drone Bases end but a message to sit tight!. Anything?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.