Dropover is a utility that makes Drag & Drop easier. Use it to stash, gather or move any draggable content without having to open side-by-side windows.
It provides an easy-to-access storage shelf for your Mac that allows you stash any draggable content. It appears exactly when you need it and floats on top of other windows. This allows you to navigate stress-free to your destination.
Using Dropover couldn't be simpler: Just shake your cursor (or hold ⇧ shift during drag) and drop whatever you are dragging onto the shelf that appears nearby your cursor. Then navigate stress-free to your destination and move all items at once when ready.
⁕ Works with any content
Drag various kind of items onto the shelf, from files, including folders, documents, text snippets to even web images from your favourite browser.
⁕ Create public link for anything
Instantly save your dragged content to the cloud and share the link with anyone. Dropover comes with built-in cloud service but also supports iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive & Imgur.
⁕ Multiple shelves
Create multiple shelves or append files to an existing shelf and create a stack. Great for gathering items from various locations!
⁕ Quick actions
The shelf allows you to perform actions for your dragged files. The actions range from revealing or directly opening the files to performing system actions such as AirDrop, Mail or Messages.
⁕ Only there when you need it
Dropover is a utility tool that appears when you need it. It lives in your menubar for quick access. From there, you can drop files onto it, create new empty shelves, reopen previous shelf, see recent uploads, open preferences and more.
Other things you can do with Dropover:
• Directly add items to Dropover from other applications with the Share Extension
• Restore up to 10 previously closed shelves
• List, drag, share or delete individual drags.
• Drag your content to the menu bar to create a new shelf with dragged content
• Invoke a new shelf using a global keyboard shortcut (customisable in app’s preferences)
• See your recent uploads from Dropover Cloud, iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or Imgur in the menu bar
• Add content from clipboard to shelf or copy dragged content to clipboard
• Adjust the sensitivity of the shake gesture
• Manage applications that should ignore the shake gesture
What customers are saying:
"Love the app, it's the little things like this app that make life beautiful." — Christiant Eli, US App Store
"Does one thing and does it better than the first-generation shelf apps on MacOS. With Dropover, the shelf is only triggered intentionally and the shelf is a floating window." — TheJoelFather, US App Store
"Simple, minimalistic, pretty, and out of the way" — Milad-G, Canadian App Store
"It really helps me work fast and my files are more organized than ever. Great for photographers" — Halbunsterblich, German App Store
Dropover is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dropbox, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates. The name Dropbox as well as related names, marks, logos and images are registered trademarks of Dropbox, Inc.
This version fixes a crash that can occur when you select the actions button in the shelf.
Updates from previous version:
- Added an option to view shelf content in a list view. Simply select your display mode (grid or list view) in the popover.
- Fixed an issue that caused the compress option not to be shown in the shelf actions menu
- Fixed an issue that caused the thumbnails of recent shelves (in the menubar) not be be displayed correctly
- Improved the appearance of the stack when large amount of files are dragged onto the shelf
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, but some suggestion I have
I like this app, and almost use it when I share my things, but I do have some requests:
1. the password-protected feature is added, which are great, but from time to time it adds up, sometimes I uploaded for long term, but I forget them, I understand I can write it down, but it is a lot if from time to time, so I wish the developer add password field somewhere, so I can easy find it.
2. The limitation of file, I understand the limitation, but I can't find anywhere it says what is the limit, not on website and or app itself, so, I just want know what is the limitation of Dropover server
I think it is all for now, if I find any, I review more. Thanks
Great and simple.
I have tried a couple other drag-n-drop apps. The reason I like this so much is that it doesn't require hovering over a certain part of the screen and it doesn't pop open as soon as you start dragging something. It appears exactly when you want/need it by shaking the mouse.
I was going to give this a four star because I wish it could grab multiple files from apps. For example, when I select multiple images from MS Outlook, or multiple files from Cyberduck FTP, it will only grab one of all the selected files. Future update??
However, I enjoy this app and it is so useful for productivity, especially when using multiple virtual desktops, that I had to give it a 5-star rating.
The latest update has fixed the multi file grab from apps. Keeping 5-stars! Thanks to the developer!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! The multiple files grab issue is fixed in the new version 3.3.1.
Convenient- Especially for sharing Screenshots
Others have written positive reviews and I fully agree with those!
Being able to hold screenshots themselves earns this app 5 stars. Being able to hold a screenshot and then drop it into a message chat with team members makes work even more efficient! No need to have to look through recent screenshots in Finder.
IF you have $4 to spare, I'd definetely recommend upgrading to PRO. However, PRO or not, still very useful!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Damir Tursunovic
- 25.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, Dutch, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Damir Tursunovic
- In-App Purchases
- Dropover Pro $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.