Dropover is a utility that makes Drag & Drop easier. Use it to stash, gather or move any draggable content without having to open side-by-side windows.
It provides an easy-to-access storage shelf for your Mac that where you stash any draggable content. It appears exactly when you need it and floats on top of other windows. This allows you to navigate stress-free to your destination.
Using Dropover couldn't be simpler: Just shake your cursor (or hold ⇧ shift during drag) and drop whatever you are dragging onto the shelf that appears nearby your cursor. Then navigate stress-free to your destination and move all items at once when ready.
⁕ Works with any content
Drag various kind of items onto the shelf, from files, including folders, documents, text snippets to even web images from your favourite browser.
⁕ Create public link for anything
Instantly save your dragged content to the cloud and share the link with anyone. Dropover comes with built-in cloud service but also supports iCloud Drive, Amazon AWS S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive & Imgur.
⁕ Multiple shelves
Create multiple shelves or append files to an existing shelf and create a stack. Great for gathering items from various locations!
⁕ Quick actions
The shelf allows you to quickly share the content or perform operations on the files. The actions range from quickly sharing files using AirDrop, Mail or Messages to performing advanced operations like resizing images or extracting text from them. All with one click from the shelf.
⁕ Only there when you need it
Dropover is a utility tool that appears when you need it. It lives in your menubar for quick access. From there, you can drop files onto it, create new empty shelves, reopen previous shelf, see recent uploads, open preferences and more.
Other things you can do with Dropover:
• Automate your workflow in Shortcuts with Dropover actions such as adding content to a shelf or uploading to Dropover Cloud
• Observe any folder for changes and automatically show a shelf when a new file is added
• Directly add items to Dropover from other applications with the Share Extension
• Restore up to 10 previously closed shelves
• Dock shelves by dragging it to the edge of the screen
• List, drag, share or delete individual drags
• Drag your content to the menu bar to create a new shelf with dragged content
• Invoke a new shelf using a global keyboard shortcut (customisable in app’s preferences)
• See your recent uploads from Dropover Cloud, iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or Imgur in the menu bar
• Add content from clipboard to shelf or copy dragged content to clipboard
• Adjust the sensitivity of the shake gesture
• Manage applications that should ignore the shake gesture
What customers are saying:
"Love the app, it's the little things like this app that make life beautiful." — Christiant Eli, US App Store
"Does one thing and does it better than the first-generation shelf apps on MacOS. With Dropover, the shelf is only triggered intentionally and the shelf is a floating window." — TheJoelFather, US App Store
"Simple, minimalistic, pretty, and out of the way" — Milad-G, Canadian App Store
"It really helps me work fast and my files are more organized than ever. Great for photographers" — Halbunsterblich, German App Store
Dropover is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dropbox, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates. The name Dropbox as well as related names, marks, logos and images are registered trademarks of Dropbox, Inc.
- Fixed an issue which caused Dropover to crash when dragging attachments from Outlook
- Fixed an issue in Text Redaction action where the exported image contained misaligned annotations
- Fixed an issue in Text Redaction action where the save button was not responsive when if the editor window is small
- Other minor improvements and stability enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, but some suggestion I have
I like this app, and almost use it when I share my things, but I do have some requests:
1. the password-protected feature is added, which are great, but from time to time it adds up, sometimes I uploaded for long term, but I forget them, I understand I can write it down, but it is a lot if from time to time, so I wish the developer add password field somewhere, so I can easy find it.
2. The limitation of file, I understand the limitation, but I can't find anywhere it says what is the limit, not on website and or app itself, so, I just want know what is the limitation of Dropover server
I think it is all for now, if I find any, I review more. Thanks
The Missing Link
Early versions of Mac OS X did a much better job allowing you to drag content to places not currently in view. It was once possible to drag any object to any place in the file system by dragging down to the finder, then holding over folders until they would open, even for multiple levels, until you found the right spot. In recent years, this has become all but impossible. Not only does this app solve this problem, it completely eliminates the need to use the desktop as a temporary holding spot. Once you have tried it, you will wonder how you ever worked without it!
Phenominal when it works
I chose Dropover instead of other similiar apps because it was most freeform and didn't force the shelf into one place. With it's set of features I still believe it to be one of it not the best option available. However, half the time the shelf simply won't appear unless I open the prefences for it and seem to force a sort of reboot. For whatever reason the app appears to fall into a dormant mode that does not respond to any new shelf command. This is an obvious bug, so hopefully it will disappear, but it is still a major issue that's been present for at least three months now. Without that, it's near perfect.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Damir Tursunovic
- 22.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Dutch, German, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Damir Tursunovic
- In-App Purchases
- Dropover Pro $3.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.