App Of The Day in 150+ countries!
With over 33 free languages to choose from, Drops’ short, beautiful word games make learning a new language fun.
Here are the key features that makes Drops the #1 pick for you:
– Professionally curated wordlists with more than 2600 words that cover 90% of everyday word usage
– Every single word is beautifully illustrated: connect the new words to illustrations rather than translations. Faster, better and more fun! :)
– Crystal-clear audio created by professional voice actors covering 100% of our content
– Learn how to write: character learning helps you pick up any new alphabet or writing system using your only smartphone
– Advanced statistics: after each session you’ll see your daily progress with a detailed report of all words that you studied
– Ever felt entertained while learning a new language? Now you will! Drops has a game-changing approach to language learning - literally. We took the “boring” out of vocabulary learning!
• American English / British English
• Spanish / Latin-American Spanish
• European Portuguese / Brazilian Portuguese
• Mandarin Chinese / Cantonese
• Tagalog (Filipino)
Only 5 minutes a day:
Drops limits your learning time to 5 minutes. This might sound crazy but it works like charm. Learning a new language might feel overwhelming, but by chunking down into 5-minute sprints, the obstacles standing in your way of finally starting to learn that new language are made obsolete.. No excuses: you ALWAYS have 5 minutes! The time limit encourages intense focus which further enhances the effectiveness of memorization.
100% visual learning:
Every single word is beautifully illustrated. Your eyes will appreciate the gorgeous pictures and your mind will store the new memories more efficiently. You won’t have use the word of your native language, but instead, connect the new words to the illustration of the meaning. Faster, better and more fun! :)
We believe in fast-paced, intuitive learning, and typing on your phone’s keyboard is anything but fast. Say hello to rapid swipes and taps! You’ll need those extra seconds to get the most out of your 5 minutes. ;)
Strategic vocabulary selection:
The “what” is perhaps more important than “how”. We handpicked 2600+ practical words in 100 topics that you’ll actually use when you let’s say travel to a country where your new language is spoken.
Keep tuned as even more languages are in the works!
Length of subscriptions:
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
Price of subscriptions:
- 1 Month – 9.99$ per month
- 12 Months – 69.99$ per year
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Have questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Up for a challenge? Join us for #90DayswithDrops and learn hundreds of new words in your language with thousands of learners around the world.
We also recently added Ainu, a language indigenous to Japan in partnership with the UN-proclaimed 2019 International Year of Indigenous Languages (IYIL2019).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Drops is all about wordplay. It gamifies the process of learning a language; choose your discipline from a dropdown of more than 30 languages, pick a mission – enthusiast, traveller, business student or romantic – and let the games begin. You can switch your mission any time.
Makes you actually *want* to study!!
This app is the greatest thing to happen to language learning ever. Seriously. I’ve been studying one language or another my entire life and have never looked forward to vocab drills before. I actually get excited about getting to do my Drops review every evening. It’s fantastic. Right now I’m using it to tackle Mandarin Chinese and it’s incredibly helpful for learning the characters. The sounds are paired with the characters (or words) so you have a “See & Say” learning experience, which is the best way to learn. The system is smart and shuffles back to the ones you flubbed on recently so you can practice them more. It also has an immediate reinforcement after you make a mistake so that the correct answer is cemented in your brain. Many of the other apps don’t do that, leaving you to wonder “then what WAS the right answer!?” This app reinforces the correct answer immediately. Clearly the developers know a thing or two about the language learning curve. One thing to remember - learning any language is hard. You’ll have places where you struggle. That’s where an app like this can help so much. Even if you feel like you’re just repeating the same cards over and over (and making errors), you ARE learning. Stick with it and don’t give up! But honestly, download this app already. You’re here because you’re serious about learning that new language, and this is the way to do it!
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for choosing Drops to learn Mandarin Chinese, and taking the time to write us such a nice, positive review! We're thrilled to hear you like the app, and your kind words are much appreciated! Keep playing and let us know if you would suggest us anything to refine or improve! :)
Engaging Way to Learn a Language
I've been using drops for about three weeks now, specifically to leisurely learn Japanese. I have the "genius" subscription (about $8 a month--I think--for unlimited use). I've found it to be a fun and convenient way to build my vocabulary. In the Japanese section there are over a 1000 words available, so there's plenty of material. After introducing a word, the app gives a good mix of entertaining matching, spelling, etc. drills to help cement the word. For Japanese, there's two difficulty settings: beginner (only hiragana) and intermediate (katakana and kanji). There's also an option to have romaji subtitles. I've found the beginner setting great for working on basic pronunciation and the intermediate good for getting familiar with kanji. In the beginner setting, there's a hiragana section in which you can get familiar with all the symbols (which I loved). There isn't a section for voiced hiragana or voiced katakana, but there are other flash card-style apps available for the syllabaries, so it's not a huge issue. The app has a dojo section in which you can practice all the words you've reviewed together. I've really liked it as a way of gauging my progress. For me, the dojo always crashes on the intermediate setting, but when I contacted drops about it they replied right away, and I'm confident they'll fix it. Overall, I think this is a great app and I definitely recommend it.
Developer Response ,
Hi Ted, We're really happy to hear you like Drops, and you would recommend it! Thanks for sending us such a detailed, positive feedback! We keep trying to improve the app and its content. Comments like this from our users are definitely much appreciated. :)
- PLANB LABS OU
- 165.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 PlanB Labs OU
- In-App Purchases
- Daily 10 minutes bonus $39.99
- Unlimited time! $109.99
- Daily 10 minutes bonus $17.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.