Here are the key features that makes Drops the #1 pick for you:
– Professionally curated vocabulary list with more than 2600 words
– Every single word is beautifully illustrated: connect the new words to illustrations rather than translations. Faster, better and more fun! :)
– Crystal-clear audio created by professional voice actors covering 100% of our content
– Learn how to write: character learning helps you pick up any new alphabet or writing system using your only smartphone
– Advanced statistics: after each session you’ll see your daily progress with a detailed report of all words that you studied
– Ever felt entertained while learning a new language? Now you will! Drops has a game-changing approach to language learning - literally. We took the “boring” out of vocabulary learning!
• American English / British English
• Spanish / Latin-American Spanish
• European Portuguese / Brazilian Portuguese
• Mandarin Chinese / Cantonese
• Tagalog (Filipino)
Only 5 minutes a day:
Drops limits your learning time to 5 minutes. This might sound crazy but it works like charm. Learning a new language might feel overwhelming, but by chunking down into 5-minute sprints, the obstacles standing in your way of finally starting to learn that new language are made obsolete.. No excuses: you ALWAYS have 5 minutes! The time limit encourages intense focus which further enhances the effectiveness of memorization.
100% visual learning:
Every single word is beautifully illustrated. Your eyes will appreciate the gorgeous pictures and your mind will store the new memories more efficiently. You won’t have use the word of your native language, but instead, connect the new words to the illustration of the meaning. Faster, better and more fun! :)
We believe in fast-paced, intuitive learning, and typing on your phone’s keyboard is anything but fast. Say hello to rapid swipes and taps! You’ll need those extra seconds to get the most out of your 5 minutes. ;)
Strategic vocabulary selection:
The “what” is perhaps more important than “how”. We handpicked 2600+ practical words in 100 topics that you’ll actually use when you let’s say travel to a country where your new language is spoken.
Keep tuned as even more languages are in the works!
Length of subscriptions:
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
Price of subscriptions:
- 1 Month – 9.99$ per month
- 12 Months – 69.99$ per year
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Have questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Learn to discuss important environmental issues and climate change with our latest topics in Drops. Happy language learning!
Ratings and Reviews
Drops is all about wordplay. It gamifies the process of learning a language; choose your discipline from a dropdown of more than 30 languages, pick a mission – enthusiast, traveller, business student or romantic – and let the games begin. You can switch your mission any time.
Great for learning!
The free version is very useful and it gives you 5 minutes of great practice each day. I have the yearly subscription which gives you more languages, more topics, customized learning times, and more learning games. I’d suggest using this app and starting with the free version to see if you like the basic format and how much you use it. I like the premium for more intense learning (increased times, repeating sessions more than once a day, and more topics). I got mine during a sale period and they seem to offer sales a lot so I would say it is worth it if you are serious about learning one or more languages.
I used to use Duolingo and liked that but it wasn’t helpful for learning Korean. Drops is so much more practical and I like the games. I am learning how to write and read in Korean but it uses adaptive learning so that you get the romanization first and they ease new words into hangeul. I love that this app teaches you useful phrases too! The only thing I don’t like is the writing game for the letters. Drawing it out on the screen isn’t very accurate, it can be frustrating, and it’s not the same as writing with a pen. However, it’s not a big deal because you can just skip that topic and jump to whatever topic you want to do.
I had an issue with my premium service not being recognized each time I opened the app and so I would have to restore the purchase each time but I contacted support and they fixed it within a day!
Makes you actually *want* to study!!
This app is the greatest thing to happen to language learning ever. Seriously. I’ve been studying one language or another my entire life and have never looked forward to vocab drills before. I actually get excited about getting to do my Drops review every evening. It’s fantastic. Right now I’m using it to tackle Mandarin Chinese and it’s incredibly helpful for learning the characters. The sounds are paired with the characters (or words) so you have a “See & Say” learning experience, which is the best way to learn. The system is smart and shuffles back to the ones you flubbed on recently so you can practice them more. It also has an immediate reinforcement after you make a mistake so that the correct answer is cemented in your brain. Many of the other apps don’t do that, leaving you to wonder “then what WAS the right answer!?” This app reinforces the correct answer immediately. Clearly the developers know a thing or two about the language learning curve. One thing to remember - learning any language is hard. You’ll have places where you struggle. That’s where an app like this can help so much. Even if you feel like you’re just repeating the same cards over and over (and making errors), you ARE learning. Stick with it and don’t give up! But honestly, download this app already. You’re here because you’re serious about learning that new language, and this is the way to do it!
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for choosing Drops to learn Mandarin Chinese, and taking the time to write us such a nice, positive review! We're thrilled to hear you like the app, and your kind words are much appreciated! Keep playing and let us know if you would suggest us anything to refine or improve! :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PLANB LABS OU
- 139.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 PlanB Labs OU
- In-App Purchases
- All Language Learning Plans $69.99
- Premium $9.99
- Holiday premium! $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.