Dropzone makes it faster and easier to copy and move files, open applications and share files with many different services.
Dropzone is a unique and amazing app that's like nothing you've ever used before.
We've paid fanatical attention to every detail and built an app that looks and feels like an integral part of macOS.
Dropzone ships with a powerful scripting API and with a little programming knowledge you can modify any of your actions or even create entirely new ones. This gives Dropzone unlimited extendability and utility. We're always thinking up new actions so Dropzone will become even more useful over time.
Dropzone also includes Drop Bar - Drop Bar makes it easy to stash files you know you'll need later. Just drop files on the Drop Bar icon in the grid and they will stick there until you're ready to use them.
Setup your customizable grid of actions how you want and swap in different actions as your needs change.
• Open applications, move and copy files faster than ever before.
• Shorten URLs quickly using TinyURL shortener. Just select a URL to shorten and press Ctrl+Option+Cmd+S and the shortened URL is automatically copied to the clipboard.
• AirDrop integration lets you drop files or folders from any app and share them with your other Macs over the network.
• Imgur integration lets you share images fast and get a link for pasting.
• Quickly resize and convert images between different sizes and formats.
• Upload files to Amazon S3 (Dropzone Pro feature).
• Upload files to your FTP server (Dropzone Pro feature).
• Upload files to your Google Drive (Dropzone Pro feature).
• Download and install add-on actions that let you upload to services like Google Drive, YouTube and many others (Dropzone Pro feature).
• Powerful multi-tasking engine allows you to run multiple tasks at once and track the progress of each one through the in-grid task status area.
• See how tasks are progressing at a glance in the animated menu item.
• Launch Dropzone actions with the newly added keyboard shortcuts feature (Dropzone Pro feature).
• Add applications, folders or actions to your grid easily by dragging and dropping them on the Add to Grid area.
• Develop your own actions using the updated and massively improved Ruby or Python API (Dropzone Pro feature).
• Dropzone 4 now fully supports macOS Monterey.
DROPZONE 4 PRO SUBSCRIPTION INFO
• Dropzone 4 provides an optional subscription. This subscription includes access to our growing library of cloud based actions, regular cloud action updates and enhancements, as well as all app updates, including major ones, provided automatically. It all includes access to all new features added in updates and unlocks Dropzone's advanced features including Amazon S3 Uploading, Google Drive Uploading, FTP/SFTP Uploading, macOS service integration and more.
• Launch Dropzone and choose 'Subscribe to Dropzone 4 Pro...' from the settings menu to begin your 14-day free trial. You can cancel during the free trial at any point, and you won't be charged for using Dropzone 4.
• After 14 days, you'll automatically be billed 1.99USD per month (or the equivalent in your country) through an auto-renewing subscription.
• An active subscription entitles you to unlimited Dropzone 4 app updates, including both minor updates and all major new features.
• You can cancel your subscription at any time. If you do, Dropzone cloud actions and the advanced features detailed above will no longer be available. You can restart your subscription at any time to continue using Dropzone cloud actions and the advanced features detailed above.
We're always working to improve Dropzone and we're going to bring you many free feature updates and more actions in future. We'd love to hear what you think of the app, you can get in touch via the App Store “Support” link, or tweet us @aptonic.
-Fixed menu item rendering issue
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app more than I thought I would. I find it really handy for sorting things from my download folder. However, I haven't seen much improvement. No updates, no added features, nada. For a paid app I think we should expect to see those things.
Developer Response ,
Hi Joe - Thanks for your review and feedback but this is inaccurate. There have been 44 updates since Dropzone 4 released on the Mac App Store. There was an update just last month that added a new 'Rename & Move Files' action. Drop Bar has recently received many improvements over the last few months such as the ability to split stacks, quick look stacks and add text. We also recently added Share Menu integration with macOS, improvements and fixes for macOS Ventura as well as lots of behind the scenes performance optimisations. Please feel free to email email@example.com if there are specific improvements you'd like to see in future updates.
I understand that as a developer, you need a steady income, and I completely support the idea. It's unfair to create an app and keep releasing measure updates for free. However, $24 a year is a price you would pay for something like a password manager (I pay $24/Year for Roboform, which is one of the good ones. Many other companies charge between $1 and $4 for the same service depending on the features. Those apps use a far more complicated, highly secured backend cloud than what your app would. Add to it the ability to use those apps on multiple devices, including smartphones, tablets, computers, and even smartwatches. I don't see the real benefit of the subscription model to your application, the backend service you're providing isn't worth the price you're asking. I'm sure you've spent enough time studying this, and you have a reason for the pricing, but I don't think you've taken into consideration the aspects I've mentioned. Your subscription price shouldn't be more than you're previous selling price. $1 a month or $9.99 if paid annually.
I've used this app for many years and love it
This app is extremely helpful to my productivity. I've used it daily for years. I'm actually surprised Apple hasn't acquired this app by now from the developer and integrated it into their operating system—it's that good. Very fluid experience. I've never experienced an issue with it. I don't use the actions. I just absolutely love how it makes moving a file or folder to another hard drive (or anywhere, really) so "drag and drop" simple.
Developer Response ,
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. So great to hear you're enjoying the app!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aptonic LLC
- 52.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Aptonic LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Dropzone 4 Pro Monthly $1.99
- Dropzone 4 Pro Lifetime $39.99
- Dropzone 4 Pro Yearly $19.99