The Drywall Calculator app is the ideal tool for estimating how many board feet of drywall and how much paint you will need for your new construction or renovation project. The beautiful, easy-to-use interface makes it perfect for contractors or professionals or the adventurous do-it-yourselfer who have many jobs or ideas on the go and need a quick and simple way to keep track of everything. The Drywall Calculator app is all about saving time and money. Simply enter in the dimensions of walls and the app does ALL the heavy-lifting and automatically calculates the number and length of drywall sheets (horizontally and vertically installed) needed to minimize wastage!
Unlike other apps that limit board feet and board count calculations to a single panel size, this app selects the combination of panels/boards on a per-wall basis to minimize wastage and optimize mudding and taping costs. For example, this app calculates that an 18 foot long wall requires a 10 foot and 8 foot panel which results in no board wastage versus 3 8 foot panels or 2 10 foot panels which result in 6 board feet and 2 board feet of wastage. As well, this app even knows that for 9 foot ceilings a 54 inch wide panel should be used instead of a standard 48 inch wide panel and will rotate a board 90 degrees to best fit a wall size!
- ability to group walls into rooms for quick reference
- everything is calculated in real-time and displayed in the app
- automatically figures out the combination of boards required for a wall (horizontal and vertical orientations)
- intelligently keeps track of scrap board of a wall and uses it for new walls
- users can choose which board lengths they want the app to use
- detail view available shows board counts on a per-room basis
- estimates amount of paint required for a space
- board list can be emailed directly from app
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.