**You must own a Synology NAS to run this app, and be running the Audio Station 6.5.0 package to get the complete set of features**
DS audio allows you to stream music stored on your DiskStation with an iPhone/iPad wherever an Internet connection is available. Better yet, with the offline mode you can listen to songs stored in the device’s local memory for when no network connection is available. You can browse music by albums, artists, folders or genres, create your own playlists or share them with your friends, and even rate your music! And if you have dedicated stereo speakers at home, DS audio can also become a remote control to stream music to them.
Find all detailed features about the app on our website:
www.synology.com > NAS > DSM 7.1 > Apps > Mobile Apps > Software Specs
1. Updated to be compatible with Advanced Media Extensions 3.0.
2. Support for AAC encoded audio is widespread across end devices like smartphones, tablets, computers, and the majority of other media playback devices. The need for AAC transcoding to achieve better compatibility has significantly diminished and will be removed starting with DSM 7.1.1. Starting from DSM 7.1.1, AAC decoding is performed by the end device.
- Streaming AAC encoded files over AirPlay is no longer supported.
- Playback of AAC files via Chromecast is no longer supported.
- Playback of M4A (recordings made on iPhones) is no longer supported.
- Removed options for transcoding AAC files.
1. Fixed an issue where the application might quit unexpectedly when switching to a Chromecast device during playback.
2. Fixed an issue where the player might not show the information of the artist.
3. Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t scrub through songs
This app is absolutely fantastic in the fact I can use it to stream my music to all my devices but one issue that I have found is that I can not scrub the song forward or backward while it is playing. I’m not quite sure why that is but It’s frustrating. Effectively what happens is when I try to scrub through a playing song the scrub bar will just jump back to It’s current position & not update to the new location within the song.
I really hope that this reaches the developers since as I see that this app hasn’t been updated for over a year which is a tad concerning.
Works very well.
I have a Synology NAS ds3018xs on which I installed Audio Station, a Synology product. I have 600 GB of music on it, all FLAC, ALAC, MP3s. I’ve used DS Audio for months to access the music and sometimes use DS File to maintain the library. DS Audio has worked without a hitch. Love it. I run it on my phone out and about and am able to stream CD quality lossless to a B1 Audioengine BT device which can pass lossless through its optical out to my Bifrost DAC at home. From the NAS I can also play directly out the USB 3.0 port on the back of the NAS directly to my Bifrost DAC. I also have roon, plex, Tidal, and others. DS Audio is straight forward and simple and my preferred way to play music. It took me a bit to learn the app and a bit to get the NAS up just the way I wanted it. I don’t have any faults to report. There is a good user community, accurate documentation, and years of usage if you get stuck.
Can’t sign in
I appreciate the team creating such a great app with awesome potential. I still can’t sign with quick connect on network. I can connect only on my wifi. I thought initially it was problem with my network, but I can remotely access photos and other apps. I even changed our router but still can’t sign up. Please fix it. Thank you
Update: it started working today. Not sure what happened. Only other recommendation is make menu and icons more modern.
Thanks so much!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Synology Inc.
- 48 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Synology Inc.