*You must own a Synology NAS to run this app. To get the full features of DS cloud, the version of the Cloud Station running on your DiskStation should be 4.0 and above. Versions starting from 2.10.4 would only support iOS 8 and onward*
DS cloud is the mobile counterpart of Cloud Station on iOS devices. You can select the folders on your DiskStation that you wish to sync to your mobile devices, and make them available for offline viewing anywhere you go. DS cloud also allows you to decide how you'd like to sync: you can set the maximum file size as well as the types of file you wish to sync for each folder.
Find out more features about the app on our website:
www.synology.com > Solutions > File Syncing
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
1. Updated Synology's terms and conditions for EU data privacy compliance.
2. Optimized the compatibility with iPhone X and iOS 11.
3. Terminated the support for the built-in PDF editor. Users can still use third-party apps (e.g., Adobe Acrobat Reader) to smoothly edit PDF files and save them to DS cloud.
4. Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app to sync 1 share folder with documents I use on my tablet and computer. I love it! Everything is synced usually pretty fast and other apps have no issue getting a file from the cloud!
Missing basic functionality
Bought the Synology NAS to backup my iPhone files as I ran out of space on iCloud (need to backup about 10,000 files).
Started by synchronizing my photos over WiFi via DS Cloud, but had to stop the process after 10 hours as needed to take my phone with me. DS Cloud did not resume the initial synchronization when I connected back to my WiFi, so only 3,000 files were backed up. Tried a few times and still no success. Unfortunately, I cannot leave my phone at home for 30+ hours to run the initial synchronization.
Can we please add the option to properly resume the initial sync? DS Photo has it, so would think it’s easy to replicate in DS Cloud. Without this feature, my Synology NAS is basically useless...
Not really a cloud drive
1. You cannot share files to/from other applications (others reviews have mentioned this too). For example if I want to copy a file to photos app, it is not possible.
2. I change password frequently. Changing password requires unlinking from the server and redo the setup. Very annoying - no option to change password
I think the developers of iPhone app have not given much thought to usability of this app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Synology Inc.
- 80.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Synology Inc.