**You must own a Synology NAS to run this app, and have upgraded to DSM 5.2 to get the complete set of features**
DS file is ideal to manage files stored on your DiskStation, upload or download between the NAS and the iDevice itself, or do basic editing tasks. And always securely with HTTPS support. Besides file management, DS file is also a useful tool to do anything from browsing pictures, watching videos or checking work documents when you are on the go.
1. Fixed an issue where Microsoft Office files cannot be saved normally in DS file after they are opened and edited by other apps.
2. Fixed an issue where DS file might quit unexpectedly or data backup might be suspended when the user reopens DS file or switches between cellular data and Wi-Fi service.
3. Fixed an issue where images cannot be shared to DS file if they were not first saved.
4. Fixed an issue where file sizes and dates are incorrectly displayed in DSM 5.2.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some tweaking
Ease of use(5/5): search for your NAS. Offers saved Log in for easy access. You can go through your files pretty easily.
Upload: (2/5) this is where the problem is. I am uploading almost 1000 photos and videos. It keeps getting stopped or some stuff won’t upload. Finally on the 5th attempt, I kept the phone plugged and app open. this seems to be the only way for it to upload without any problems.
Why are there like 10 different Synology apps that can do roughly the same thing? They should pool it all in one app and focus updates on one app instead of specifics. But so far, I like the NAS servers.
Works fine for me
I’ve been using this app a few years now, and it does what I need it to. When I open then app on my home WiFi, all recent photos download to my NAS. It will only download photos when the app is open, but I will usually be working on other files as it downloads in the background. I can view all my stored data, and export files. I can save articles on my phone, and depending on the app, I can either save directly to the drive, or save it on Dropbox and then transfer the file to the drive. With Word, I love that I can copy & paste an article from the web, save it on Dropbox, then open Dropbox and export it to the NAS, all within minutes. It is a simple app, and doesn’t have all the features you would get on a pc, but it’s very effective for remote access.
My only gripe is that the photo upload will only work when I’m at home on my own WiFi network; it will not upload any photos on any other WiFi network. Why is that, and how can I configure my NAS to upload on any WiFi?
I have been using this app for years to download PDF files from the web to my NAS. SAFARI can save PDFs to DS File, which can then save the file locally or directly to my NAS.
- It is also very handy for downloading movies from the NAS to watch at a later date.
- It works well to download, organize, and view my sheet music for guitar & ukulele playing. Much easier to use than Goodreader, so I dont use that app as much anymore.
- Occasionally, I will also use this to remotely manage files on my NAS (rename, copy or move files, create new folders, delete files, etc.)
Due to its versatility, stability, and ease of use, this is my most used NAS app. Thank you Synology!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Synology Inc.
- 108 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Synology Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.