**You must own a Synology Router to run this app, and be running the latest SRM 1.2 to get the complete set of features.**
DS router allows you to manage you network with just a few taps whenever you want, wherever you go. Easily set up brand new Synology Routers, monitor live traffic, and protect your children's Internet activities with the comprehensive features of DS router.
- Remote Management: Manage your router from anywhere.
- Network Map: Easily view the status of your Mesh Wi-Fi system.
- Guest Network: Create a new network separated from your primary Wi-Fi.
- Traffic Monitor: Supervise real time traffic of all connected devices.
- Device Prioritization: Determine which devices Internet priority.
- Safe Access: Enjoy advanced parental control and security functions.
• Added support for managing requests for accessing blocked sites through the Safe Access page on DS router
• Added support for switching on/off Wi-Fi through Siri Shortcuts
• Added support for sharing Wi-Fi QR codes through Siri Shortcuts
• Added support for viewing a ranking list of profiles' network usage time through Siri Shortcuts
• Fixed the issue where the guest network might not work properly on RT1900ac after the Synology Router's first-time installation is completed through DS router
• Fixed the issue where domain names containing "http://" or "https://" fail to be recognized when adding or editing custom web filters
• Minor bug fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Good interface with a bug or poorly implemented feature
I use this with an ac2600 router from Synology that has an atrocious internal web interface for SRM interaction.
This app works even when the router SRM interface is hung and settings changed through this app seem to speed up SRM’s internal web interface recovery.
What is missing in this app is the ability to add additional login profiles. After adding one profile, you can modify it but not add another. It asks you so scan a QR image on the back of the router that I assume other router models have.
A work in progress; why no desktop mode?
I love the router. I love my many Synology boxes - 8 and 18 drive units. I think DSM is a decent piece of Linux management software. I think SRM is a very nice porting of DSM to a router. This app, however, leaves much to be desired. What it does it does adequately. The basic overview in real-time is even quite good. The fact one cannot fully administer the router through the app - probably 60% of functions are unavailable - is highly annoying. Why can’t I access the DHCP table? Why can’t I add to the DHCP reservations? These are fairly basic admin functions. I wouldn’t mind except that there is NO WAY to access SRM via iOS except using the app. It CANNOT be reached by a browser. That is UNACCEPTABLE!!! The DSM app offers desktop mode to obviate the fact it doesn’t allow access to most functions, why doesn’t the DS Router app??? With that it would have 3-4 stars.
5 stars but problems printing with Apple products
I love the router. But going back some updates, I started having problems printing from my Apple products and using Apple AirPrint. So like a good customer, I called customer service then waited for a new update. The following update fixed the problem. Then I noticed recently that I can’t print again. So now I’m back to using my old Apple AirPort Extreme.
- Synology Inc.
- 97.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Synology Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.