DTNA eLink is an app that provides important features to the driver/operator of a Freightliner or Western Star heavy truck. These features help the driver connect the phone to the diagnostic port and monitor the vehicle health status and increase the truck uptime. And if a check engine light is on, the app can help the driver understand the cause and seek assistance, if needed.
• Vehicle Guides
• Dash light library – explanation of all the dash/instrument cluster lights
• Fluid (engine oil) capacities for specific Detroit® engine applications
• Maintenance schedule – provides the mileage interval based on short/long haul application and details of items covered in each schedule
• Feature guides – quick access to new vehicle features that require specific instructions to understand and properly operate
• Notes – provides a way to take quick notes and attach pictures
• Manuals – Driver and Operator manuals for specific vehicles can be accessed in electronic format
• Connect to Vehicle (requires compatible Bluetooth or Wi-Fi adaptor)
• Fault codes – Active and Inactive fault codes present at the time of connection are displayed. Red fault codes are active, yellow codes are inactive
• Fluid levels – A quick glance at coolant, DEF and fuel levels displayed in percentage
• Vehicle information – Vehicle information including VIN, ECU software and hardware in formation
• Trip information – Includes trip specific information related to fuel usage, miles, maximum speed, cruise control speed, hours of operation, etc.
• Service Locator – Use the current location or City, State / ZIP code to look up Freightliner, Western Star and Detroit® engine service/dealer locations nearby.
Compatible vehicle connection adaptor:
• NEXIQ Blue-Link™ Mini
• Nexiq USB- Link 2 WiFi
These adaptors are available and can be purchased from diagnosticlink.nexiq.com
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Added content for New Cascadia.
Ratings and Reviews
It's all about the Cascadia
Updated review 12/15/17:
I saw DTNA updated the app so I bought a Blue-Link Mini with the hope that it would be useful. Not so much for my truck and it is still very focused on the Cascadia. Vehicle guides are only available for Cascadias. The Maintenance schedule is not available for my truck. I don't see the notes feature. Manuals are only available for the Cascadia. Trip information can't be reset. Inactive fault codes can't be cleared.
Information about the truck is only available as a snapshot. There isn't any real time information like oil pressure, turbo boost pressure or fuel economy.
I gave the app an additional star because DTNA continues to update the app. I hope it can address some of the items I listed above.
By the way, I wouldn't think 46 fault codes is a positive selling point.
I'm not sure how DTNA is trying to position this product. Maybe it's just a token attempt at putting an app out. I found their TruckerNet app more useful since I don't own a Cascadia which is the current app's focus. No help for owners of Freightliner Argosy, Century, Classic, Columbia, Coronado, FLD trucks or Western Star trucks that you couldn't get more effectively using a map app. I've never seen the hardware/software combination advertised at a Freightliner location where you might expect to see the NEXIQ Blue-Link Mini on a parts counter to encourage impulse buying.
I don't own a Rand McNally ELD 50, but I find it amazing that a map/GPS company offers an app that, in addition to E-logs, provides an E-gauge package before the truck manufacturers do.
The developer, Daimler Trucks North America LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Daimler Trucks North America LLC
- 124.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Daimler Trucks North America LLC