Name: Dual N-Back Pro
Classic dual n-back and emotional dual n-back training with IQ and cognitive tests to track your training gains. These are the most widely-studied, evidence based brain training games that have been devised for improving brain function and building resilience.
Dual N-Back Pro has a host of features:
- Classic Jaeggi dual n-back for better focus, improved working memory and increased IQ.
- Emotional dual n-back for building resilience to negative emotion and stressors.
- Built in interference (overlapping sequences) for interference control training, known to enhance brain training IQ gains.
- Valid IQ tests – and other cognitive and mental health tests for before and after training.
- Different speed settings. The faster setting engages theta wave synchrony which improves focus and executive processes.
- Professionally designed and gamified, using the Unity gaming engine.
- One account gives you access to the app on multiple devices: mobile, tablet or desktop – iOS, iPad, Android, Mac or PC. Train at home and on the move with the same account.
- Multiplayer compete option for turn taking tournaments and challenges – a great help with motivation.
- Multiplayer team play option, for simultaneous game play with a partner if you want non-competitive encouragement.
- Growth mind set and neuroplasticity motivational feedback while you progress through the program.
- A ‘Neuron’ virtual currency - that provides great gaming incentives for multi-player training. If you win competitions, you can play indefinitely. If you play with others, your credit lasts for twice the time!
Long-lasting neuroplasticity change requires completion of 40 Sessions – for at at least 1 month of training, 15-20 minutes a day.
IQ Mindware is run by a team of cognitive neuroscientists and gamers who take well researched cognitive and neuropsychological tasks and assessments, and transform these into fun and motivating games that train core cognitive skills.
IQ Mindware has an active research program, working with other university researchers at the cutting edge of interventions for brain performance and resilience.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Improved skill algorithm
Ratings and Reviews
You can’t be too smart to be gullible. If the rest of this review is too long to read, just remember that.
There are many subscription-based apps claiming to offer evidence-based programs to boost your intelligence. I don’t intend to to refute their claim that playing dual n-back boosts your IQ. What I do know for a fact is that, even if it works, this is a scam.
To preface, there is a great deal of cultural mythology around intelligence quotient. IQ is a useful measure of cognitive reasoning, but it is not a good measure of many important life skills and it is absolutely not a predictor of life success or moral superiority.
The scam here, as with other similar apps, is preying on folk who believe a higher IQ will magically improve their lives, selling them a program which promises a better life for just a small recurring fee.
The fact is, playing dual n-back will not improve your life. It will not make you better than your peers. It might improve your short-term memory, and it will make you poorer. It’s not too much to ask for an app you can own and use as you please, so just buy one of those. Don’t fall for a scam just because you think you’re too smart to.
I paid for crashes
It keeps crashing but takes away my practice time and charges me the neurons ($) that I bought without letting me play because it keeps crashing.
They also steal your money for any team games when you never get to play because no random player is available. They charge you like you did play.
Quality Dual NB App
This is much better than other apps out there for n-back. It has built in distraction capabilities and other variables that make this even more challenging. This version is from a legitimate researcher as well. Highly recommended. Ignore the salty low-star reviews by those who want a free lunch. Put in the work and you will find in even a week you will have better cognition in a distraction-filled world.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mark Ashton Smith
- 90.5 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © IQ Mindware 2016
- In-App Purchases
- Entry $6.99
- Standard $29.99
- Premium $49.99
- A rush of intelligence $1.99
- Neuroplasticity Pro $19.99
- Maximize brain power $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.