Privacy, simplified. One super-charged app, four types of privacy protection.
Tired of being tracked online? We can help.
DuckDuckGo is the all-in-one privacy app that helps protect your online activities. With one download you get a new everyday browser that offers seamless protections from third-party trackers while you search and browse, and even access to tracking protections when receiving email. With DuckDuckGo, privacy can be your default.
• Search Privately - DuckDuckGo Private Search comes built-in so you can search the web without being tracked.
• Block Tracking Cookies — Prevent most 3rd-party cookies from tracking you as you browse from site to site.
• Escape Website Tracking - Tracker Radar automatically blocks most hidden 3rd-party tracking scripts lurking on websites you visit in DuckDuckGo, which stops the companies behind those trackers from collecting and selling your data. See notes and links below for more information.
• Enforce Encryption - Smarter Encryption forces many sites you visit in DuckDuckGo to use an encrypted (HTTPS) connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes.
• Block Email Trackers - 70% of emails track you as soon as you open them. Enabling Email Protection is the easy way to block most email trackers and hide your address without switching services. Join the private waitlist for the free beta version through the app settings menu.
The DuckDuckGo app has the browsing features you expect, like tabs and bookmarks, plus privacy controls you'll love. Taking control of your privacy doesn't have to mean making tradeoffs.
• Tap Fire Button, Burn Data - Clear your tabs and browsing data with one tap of the Fire Button.
• Signal Your Privacy Preference with GPC - Built into the app, Global Privacy Control (GPC) intends to help you express your legal opt-out rights automatically. This will tell websites not to sell or share your personal information under future legal frameworks (e.g., CCPA, GDPR) in various states or countries.
You don't need to wait to take back your privacy. Join the millions of people using DuckDuckGo and protect many of your everyday online activities with one app. It's privacy, simplified.
Note about our tracker blocking for 3rd-party sites and emails:
DuckDuckGo never tracks you. When you leave our search engine to use other sites, we aim to block as many hidden trackers as possible, but we can't block them all for a few reasons. New trackers emerge all the time, so first we need to find them. Then, blocking these trackers can sometimes break functionality, so we need to develop new approaches without hurting usability. Additionally, in our app we offer a specific type of protection that stops scripts from even loading on 3rd-party sites, which isn’t offered on most popular browsers by default. Currently, this one loading protection doesn't apply to Microsoft scripts on 3rd-party sites due to contractual restrictions. However, our other tracker blocking methods (like 3rd-party cookie blocking) are unrestricted and continue to work against these trackers to protect your privacy online.
About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
How It Works: https://duckduckgo.com/app
Privacy Newsletter: https://duckduckgo.com/newsletter
Open Source: https://github.com/duckduckgo/iOS
• You can now press and hold the back or forward button to quickly jump to a previously opened page.
Join our fully distributed team and help raise the standard of trust online — from anywhere! https://duckduckgo.com/hiring
Ratings and Reviews
A simply private and elegant mobile experience
This app is just everything a mobile browser could need, and it only gets better with each update! First things first, this app looks like it was made with the mobile user in mind. One glance at the interface, and with a simple tutorial of just the most basic buttons, anyone could use this browser with ease. Not too many buttons to overwhelm the user, but not too few configurations to displease the power user. My favorite part of this privacy browser has to be the powerful flame which will wipe clean all the tabs that you may have open, allowing for you to start all over again with a new session full of your greatest searches. The latest update, as of this review, has added the feature to modify the splash effect of the flame to be a cooler “burn” effect. The developers are doing a great job maintaining this app with many great additions in each new release. Definitely an app for people who want peace of mind and privacy ensured with every search. Kudos to the team at DuckDuckGo for such an amazing app!
I love this app and am very thankful that its available. My only complaint is that I often get lost in a loop of new tabs when trying to access my open tabs. At the bottom right of the app there is a small square with the number of existing tabs. 1/2 the time when I touch the tab number box it opens a new tab. If it only happened once I would not even mention it but it happens 5-6 times in a row before I finally get a chance to delete all the new tabs I have opened. Inevitably I hit above the X when trying to close one of the inadvertant new tabs and the cycle starts over when I try to hit the tab number box again. I love the app so much I just deal with it but man it would be nice if this issue could be fixed
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback, you have in fact discovered a sneaky little shortcut in our app! If you tap this button (quickly), you'll see your list of open tabs. If you hold this button down for a second, you'll get a new tab instead. This shortcut is there to make it easier to open a new tab, hope you find it useful!
I want to like it
I really do. I’ve been using it for several months now. Unfortunately I am just about at my wits end. Every single solitary page I ever load ever ever ever refreshes after 30 to 60 seconds. Maybe I could handle a refresh after one or two seconds but I will be halfway through logging into something or making a post and Bam it refreshes me and I have to start over. If I were just casually reading different websites maybe it wouldn’t be a big deal but I can’t tell you how many hundreds of forms I’ve had to fill out at least two and sometimes three or four times. Just load the stupid page! I have about learned that I have to wait a good while after every page I load to make sure that it’s not going to refresh me. I get that maybe you’re blocking cookies are trackers and maybe that’s why but it’s extremely annoying to have to start over whatever I’m doing EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Also “feature” or not I really really really hate that “new tab” button. I accidentally hit it multiple times a day. I also don’t like not having a good history back button. Sometimes I lose a page and then I can never go back to where I was and I have to start my searches all over again.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Duck Duck Go, Inc.
- 54.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © DuckDuckGo
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.