Privacy, simplified. Take control of your personal information, no matter where the internet takes you: tracker blocking, smarter encryption, private search, and more.
Tired of being tracked online? We can help. At DuckDuckGo, we believe online privacy should be simple.
DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser has the speed you need, the browsing features you expect (like tabs & bookmarks), and comes packed with best-in-class privacy essentials:
• Tap Fire Button, Burn Data — clear all your tabs and browsing data with one tap.
• Escape Online Tracking — automatically block hidden third-party trackers we can find lurking on websites you visit, which stops the companies behind those trackers from collecting and selling your data.
• Search Privately — our private search engine comes built-in so you can search the Internet without being tracked.
• Enforce Encryption — force sites to use an encrypted (HTTPS) connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes, like from unwanted snoopers and Internet service providers.
• Decode Privacy — each site you visit gets a Privacy Grade (A-F) so you can see how protected you are at a glance, and you can even dig into the details to see who we caught trying to track you.
• Signal Your Privacy Preference with GPC — with Global Privacy Control (GPC) built in, you’ll invoke your legal privacy rights (e.g., under CCPA, GDPR) by telling websites not to sell or share your personal data by default.
• Limit Access — secure your browser with Touch ID or Face ID.
About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
Device Privacy: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/device-privacy-tips/
Privacy Newsletter: https://duckduckgo.com/newsletter
Open Source: https://github.com/duckduckgo/iOS
• Bug fixes and other improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Far too few people use the best browser available.
“Far too few” really means “not enough” to be sure. I rarely endorse apps and even more rare is an endorsement I make for a tech/IT/web product. I clearly and vehemently can make a case for every internet traveler to want -nay NEED to use this browser. Yes, I assume that everyone needs (and wants) to protect their privacy when on the web. I don’t think that’s a far-fetched assumption to make.
I’ve used this browser quite a bit now and after previous frustrating attempts to enhance my privacy by using other, more popular browsers’ cumbersome privacy settings, can readily say that DuckDuckGo’s offering is the most intuitive, well laid out, and quick browser I’ve used in the over 25 years I’ve been an IT professional. The browser has an almost minimalist look and feel. That doesn’t mean that it is without varied features tried-and-true and some I wished I’d had long ago.
I will be installing DuckDuckGo‘s browser on production machines at the office and clients as well. (After I verify any legality issues ($) therein of course)
A simply private and elegant mobile experience
This app is just everything a mobile browser could need, and it only gets better with each update! First things first, this app looks like it was made with the mobile user in mind. One glance at the interface, and with a simple tutorial of just the most basic buttons, anyone could use this browser with ease. Not too many buttons to overwhelm the user, but not too few configurations to displease the power user. My favorite part of this privacy browser has to be the powerful flame which will wipe clean all the tabs that you may have open, allowing for you to start all over again with a new session full of your greatest searches. The latest update, as of this review, has added the feature to modify the splash effect of the flame to be a cooler “burn” effect. The developers are doing a great job maintaining this app with many great additions in each new release. Definitely an app for people who want peace of mind and privacy ensured with every search. Kudos to the team at DuckDuckGo for such an amazing app!
I like every thing that is provided, and I am glad that the app scans questionable websites to view and inform me of the privacy practices, this can prevent my history from being aggregated and save my device from potentially developing a malicious virus that could overtake my device. And it’s rather simple as well. But I have one complaint:
I enjoy the fact that I can courageously venture into the deeper parts of the web to find information for essays, recreation etc., but I would prefer a feature that could be toggled in settings permitting the app to discourage and omit all inappropriate photographs, video, imagery, etc. In other words, I do not want pornographic images to seep into my searches with all the ambiguity in words these days. If you could design a feature to just that, it would be excellent. An even better idea, make the option to create a password as a requirement to turn off the filter, you know, just so that young children will not turn it off and encounter x-rated material. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Duck Duck Go, Inc.
- 97.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © DuckDuckGo
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.