DuckDuckGo for Mac is a free browsing app that gives you comprehensive online privacy protection. With one download, you get a private everyday Internet browser that offers seamless protection while you search and browse - plus access to free tracking protection for your email inbox, secure password management, new beta features, and more.
• Search Privately by Default - DuckDuckGo Private Search comes built in, so you can easily search the web without being tracked.
• Block Most Trackers Before They Load - Stay secure with our cutting-edge tracker-blocking technology. 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection goes above and beyond what most popular web browsers offer by default, stopping most hidden tracking scripts from loading and collecting your personal data.
• Enable Built-in Email Protection (Beta) – Get free Duck Addresses (@duck.com) to block most email trackers – which we’ve caught in 85% of emails – and hide your existing email address when signing up for things online, all without switching email providers.
• Clean Up YouTube with Duck Player - Watch YouTube videos more privately in Duck Player. We’ll protect you from targeted ads and cookies with a distraction-free interface that incorporates YouTube’s strictest privacy settings for embedded video.
• Automatically Enforce Encryption - Force many sites you visit to automatically use an encrypted (HTTPS) connection, which helps shield your data from Wi-Fi snoopers and network onlookers like your Internet provider.
• Escape Fingerprinting – Make it harder for companies to create a unique identifier for you by blocking their attempts to combine specific information about your web browser and device settings.
• Import Bookmarks and Passwords – Using another browser or password manager to store passwords? It’s quick and easy to bring all your login info to DuckDuckGo’s secure password manager. Bookmarks, too!
• We feature many protections not available on most Internet browsers (even in incognito mode), including protection from link tracking, Google AMP tracking, and more.
EVERYDAY PRIVACY CONTROLS
• Hit Fire Button, Burn Data - Clear your tabs and browsing data fast with our Fire Button.
• Banish Cookie Pop-Ups – When we detect cookie consent pop-ups on sites you visit, we’ll work in the background to automatically set your preferences, minimizing cookies and maximizing privacy -- then close the pop-ups.
• Signal Your Privacy Preference with Global Privacy Control (GPC) - Built into our app, GPC intends to help you express your opt-out rights automatically by telling websites not to sell or share your personal information. Whether it can be used to enforce your legal rights (for example, current or future CCPA, GDPR requirements) depends on the laws in your jurisdiction.
Note about our 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection following DuckDuckGo ad clicks: Our 3rd-Party Tracker Protection goes above and beyond what you get in most popular browsers by default, but we’re constantly working to make it more comprehensive. Currently, if an advertiser wants to detect conversions on their own website for our private DuckDuckGo search ads, our 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection will not stop bat.bing.com requests from loading on the advertiser’s website following DuckDuckGo ad clicks, but those requests are stopped in all other contexts. This is because DuckDuckGo private search advertising is in partnership with Microsoft. As part of that partnership, viewing ads on DuckDuckGo is anonymous and Microsoft has committed to not profile our users’ ad clicks.
Read more about this and our free Tracking Protections at https://help.duckduckgo.com/privacy/web-tracking-protections
You don't need to wait to take back your privacy. Join the millions of people using DuckDuckGo and protect many of your everyday online activities with one app. It's privacy, simplified.
• We made error pages more informative and fixed navigation issues after displaying an error.
• We fixed tab previews that were occasionally getting misplaced.
• If you've switched to another app right after using fire button, DuckDuckGo won't show you a new window after data is cleared.
Join our fully distributed team and help raise the standard of trust online https://duckduckgo.com/hiring
Ratings and Reviews
Starting to feel better
I don’t like to be micromanaged, spied on, having my personal information sold or going to someone-some business-some political party without me knowing who it is. I recently heard about DuckDuckGo and the things they do to protect peoples privacy. I research the pros/cons and thought I’d give them a try. Within the first day of switching to them, I had several alerts. One warned me of a social media account that was trying to get my information that was hidden on a site I clicked on (wasn’t an extension either). Another alert let me know that by clicking on the site I was about to, it would automatically gain access to sensitive info. I’m loving this browser/search engine so far due to the privacy and actual heads up it gives me when something underhanded will be going down if I click on the site. Just after two days of using it, I’m starting to feel more relaxed, in control and wanting to know more. So far I truly DO recommend this product….and it’s free! Thank you DuckDuckGo! Keep up the amazing work. Hopefully we will be able to get our privacy back that has been stolen from us.
I love this app and am very thankful that its available. My only complaint is that I often get lost in a loop of new tabs when trying to access my open tabs. At the bottom right of the app there is a small square with the number of existing tabs. 1/2 the time when I touch the tab number box it opens a new tab. If it only happened once I would not even mention it but it happens 5-6 times in a row before I finally get a chance to delete all the new tabs I have opened. Inevitably I hit above the X when trying to close one of the inadvertant new tabs and the cycle starts over when I try to hit the tab number box again. I love the app so much I just deal with it but man it would be nice if this issue could be fixed
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback, you have in fact discovered a sneaky little shortcut in our app! If you tap this button (quickly), you'll see your list of open tabs. If you hold this button down for a second, you'll get a new tab instead. This shortcut is there to make it easier to open a new tab, hope you find it useful!
I like Duck Duck Go because I like my privacy. I really don’t like thinking about the creeps that may hack into my life. Anyone that tracks me on the internet can’t be good for me. I just can’t imagine why people would want to see what I’m doing. I’m just an ordinary person doing what most people do. I also hate to think that advertising might avoid me merely because their program doesn’t include people like me. Isn’t that like racism? I change a lot because I like variety, without the ad, I probably won’t know about the product and so I will not buy it or suggest it to someone that my all powerful brain decides is appropriate. I don’t want to be overwhelmed with ads, please change them for variety. If I search for something, I may be looking for an ad, but not too many. I think I’d rather have untargeted ads so I know what is available. Sometimes, I really don’t want any ads. If I have money, I don’t mind paying to turn them off. But don’t charge me and advertise, that’s probably taking advantage of me. Unless the charge is small, more to deter waste than for profit.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Duck Duck Go, Inc.
- 53.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © DuckDuckGo