Seven Duden German dictionaries with audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers
Have a look at each of the Duden apps and gain a first impression. With this app you can try out all the available Duden dictionaries – and, if you wish, you can buy the fully-fledged version In-App.
Study and test the different possibilities and features of the individual Duden apps at your leisure. You will then soon discover which dictionaries are the right ones for you.
Duden - German Etymological Dictionary, 5th Edition
Duden – The German Spelling Dictionary, 26th Edition
Duden – The Dictionary of Correct Usage, 9th Edition
Duden – The Dictionary of Foreign Words, 10th Edition
Duden – The Dictionary of Synonyms, 6th Edition
Duden – The Defining Dictionary, 4th Edition
Duden – German Dictionary, 7th Edition
• NEW! Duden MorphomagicsTM dynamically finds all inclined and conjugated forms of your query, right while typing. You can tap any word from the instantly-built list to view its full grammatical details.
• Search through dictionary headwords.
• Fulltext search mode – to search for usage examples.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Look up from other applications - while working in other applications you can easily and quickly look up any desired word without leaving that application.
• Search through Favorites.
• Search history - while you are using the dictionary, it saves all looked up and viewed words/phrases in the History.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Irregular verbs.
• Quick access to virtual keyboard.
• Synchronization of dictionary language with the keyboard input source.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
Duden dictionary compatibility: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and higher.
Jetzt mit macOS Mojave 10.14 Unterstützung.
Ratings and Reviews
Purchase history from the app is not honored in the Mac version
I have already bought two of the dictionaries which provide content for this product running on the iOS platform as in-app purchases. However, that (identical) content is not available to me when I try to “Restore Purchases” on the Mac platform. Since I already have been coerced into buying the iOS product twice, after Duden decided to desupport their Duden-branded app which had been developed and marketed by Paragon, I’ll be d****d if I’ll buy it a third time! Good dictionary (of course), but sleazy marketing.
You have to buy separate version for MacOS and iOS
Although I paid US$ 29.00 for the MacOS version, I cannot use the license for the iOS version - you have to purchase that one separately (another US$ 19). Great product. Very poor marketing.
3rd time and you're out
The Duden Universal (just German, not a German-English) Dictionary is the one I prefer to use. I orginally bought it in paper in Austria; that was about $29.99. Then it came out as an app. Super. It bought that. $29.99. But that app stopped working after a little while. Instead, Duden came out with another app. That was another $29.99. I tried to console myself with the idea that it might be a "new edition," but I can't say that it was, and, anyway, why shouldn't the vocabulary be continually updated? Now that new app has stopped working - completely on my iPod touch and partially on my iPads - and I've discovered that there is now another new app. Does it recognize the presence of the earlier app? No. You have to buy the dictionary yet again (in-app) - and this time it is indeed exactly the same editon. Yet another $29.99. No, thank you. I won't buy Duden products anymore - Duden is just too abusive. This program is essentially the same as the iOS one.
If you want Duden content, know that it is available for free online at duden.de.
- Bibliographisches Institut GmbH
- 15.3 MB
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Bibliographisches Institut
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.