With the Duke Energy app, you’ll be able to easily manage and view your accounts anywhere, anytime. Current features of the Duke Energy app allow you to:
• Easily log in. Using your Duke Energy account, you’ll be able to log in once and have options to set up either Touch ID® or Face ID® to easily access your account.
• View and pay bill. Access your bill from anywhere and set up automatic payments. You can also view your billing history and easily compare bills from last year and last month.
• Report an outage. Inform us if your power is out and get updates on when it is estimated to be restored.
• Track energy usage. View your past and recent energy use so you can better manage it and get more detailed information.
• Set up bill reminders. Stay on top of your bill and always know when to pay.
• Save more. Take advantage of our energy and money-saving offers.
• Customer service. Contact our customer support if you ever have questions about your service or your energy bill.
Bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Overall, this is a nice app. Two helpful things that I would like to see are 1) a trend line on the usage chart to show the average usage for the period and 2) details on the billing history instead of just payment amount, which will simply be the equal payment amount for users enrolled in that service. These are the two items capabilities that I found most useful on the full website that are missing from the app.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, and thanks for your feedback! We appreciate your suggestions on how to improve the energy usage and billing history experience in the app!
No outage map?
I’m experiencing an outage right now. I reported it via text and text back said over 1,500 ppl are affected. Then I remembered I had downloaded the app so I opened it to see if I could see the outage info and updates. My app doesn’t detect that I submitted an outage until I resubmit it via the app. Also there is no outage map on the app?! And no updates. I found an outage map for Duke via a web browser but that one gets updated every 15 minutes and no sign of my outage that supposedly is involving 1,500+ ppl. After the debacle that was Duke’s communication with its customers during Hurricane Irma in 2017 (when we were without power and communication from Duke for over a week), I would have hoped that things would have improved. However, it seems that it hasn’t. Your text system seems to have the information so the app should be updated with the SAME info in real time. Otherwise, it’s useless. Please fix this. Thanks.
Developer Response ,
Hello there, and thank you for your feedback! We hear you loud and clear. We've been working hard on the Outage Map feature, and we're happy to report it will be included in our next release! Other outage-related features are coming in the future, too! Thanks again for using the app and for your suggestions!
It is not acceptable in this day and age to force paperless billing on a customer just to be able to view your monthly bill in pdf form online, period. The only way you can see your full bill either online or in this app is if you select paperless billing, this is the only company I have ever dealt with that does this. This needs to change!!!
Also, you get charged a fee to pay your bill (again only company we deal with that does this) unless you ... you guessed it, sign up for paperless billing. Not everyone wants or can do that... and don’t give me the excuse that it’s your third party vendor that charges the fee... get a new vendor then because many companies do not charge that fee and can do it without, also, funny how the fee doesn’t apply if your paperless... same vendor.. why not. That’s because it’s a choice of Duke Energy to have it charged... TAKE BETTER CARE OF THE CUSTOMER!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.