Inspiration is everywhere! Capture what inspires you with our color-matching tool, Dunn-Edwards InstaColor®. Point your hand-held device at any scene, take a photo and see your inspiration matched to colors from Dunn-Edwards® Perfect Palette® color system, including the 300 new colors of our Then, Now & Forever™ collection.
Dunn-Edwards InstaColor Features:
- Match any four points on a photo to the four closest Dunn-Edwards colors
- See all 1,996 colors in Dunn-Edwards Perfect Palette color system
- Get details on every color, including corresponding trim and accent colors
- Fill the screen on your mobile device with a single color
- Add selected colors to favorites
- Share your colors on Pinterest®, Facebook®, Twitter®, in a text message or by email
- Locate your nearest Dunn-Edwards store
- Link directly to features on DunnEdwards.com: Order Color Samples, Color-Ark® Home, Account Log-In
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Cant get a good color match
I tried the app in various lighting conditions (full sun, indirect cloudy, indirect clear, incandescent, random available) on a DE chip set as well as test panels painted w known DE colors. Never got anywhere near matching the known colors.
To be fair part of this is no doubt the iphone camera mangling the colors to make them look natural(this was apparent on the chip set shots, which the camera “adjusted” with a strong blue tinge) To be practical, so what? Its still useless for color identification.
There may be ways to trick the camera(maybe put a white mask around the color sample so it decides to white balance?)
Gives you the impression you will be able to use your picture and experiment with colors. NOT EVEN REMOTELY! It may help you identify existing colors as if, hey, I wonder what that color is on my wall… because I’m not interested in painting, I just want to know what color the wall is. So if you’re interested in repainting and are looking for ideas to match some existing elements… don’t use this Dunn-Edwards app. They’re only here to help you identify what you already have. This app is excellent for frustration and helping shop everywhere but Dunn-Edwards.
This is not an app to try out different D-E paint colors on your walls. It's an app to analyze the colors in a picture (of a flower, stone wall, etc.) and tell you the D-E colors that match it.
The accuracy of the app depends on the accuracy/lighting of the colors in the photo. For example, I took a picture of my living room walls, which are painted in a D-E color. The app does not return that color, but I think it's because my iPhone is adjusting something in the exposure (maybe it's looking for a face!).
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Dunn-Edwards Corporation
- 12.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Dunn-Edwards Corporation