Install the Dvorak Keyboard on your device for faster typing across all your apps. Features a pixel perfect design that works in both portrait and landscape, the Dvorak Keyboard will let you type in any app using the layout you like most.
* Works great in portrait and landscape
* Covers all device sizes, even new ones!
* Full Dvorak keyboard layout
* Punctuation and numbers available at the touch of a button
Enjoy, and happy typing!
* Added double-space shortcut for creating a period
* Fix for auto-capitilization after a period
* Keyboard now returns to letters after typing a period followed by a space
* Holding down the delete key now deletes multiple characters
* Shift key now works like a shift key, instead of like a caps lock key
* Improved responsiveness and reliability
Thanks for all the feedback, I'm glad you're liking the keyboard! I'll keep working on it, and if you like the improvements so far I'd love it if you could leave a short review on the App Store. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
This has the potential to be a great keyboard. Two things are in the way: (1) over-aggressive auto-capitalization - when you want to insert a word into a sentence you already wrote, it goes into capitalization mode inappropriately, and there's no option to de-select this feature; and (2) there should be an option to switch back to the ABC layout from 123 after pressing the spacebar. As it is, I have to make too many corrections which slows down my typing.
The shift and backspace are in the perfect position!
Design reminds me of a dvorak concept keyboard from when the iphone first came out. This works really well because of the layout of the keys on a dvorak board. The top row is the only one that would have space.
I have a wish list for this: sound, auto correct, returning to letters after a space, a few minor bug fixes, but the design and execution is enough for a five star review. Especially when its 99 cents. Dont listen to the haters, this is worth it.
This keyboard looks great. But if it's going to look like the apple qwerty keyboard then it needs to function like it. This keyboard feels different because the letters don't pop up when you hit them so you're fingers are constantly in the way. This won't matter so much when your thumbs get the hang of it but it makes the learning curve greater. There are other differences but none are so distracting as that one.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.