"One of my favorite apps out there. Another way to immerse myself in God's word."
– Matt Chandler
“I can’t begin to rave enough about Dwell and how formational it is.”
– Ann Voskamp
“In the day we’re living in, we have to have our paths lit with scripture—that’s why we love Dwell.”
– John & Lisa Bevere
There’s nothing quite like the Dwell Bible app.
Search & Favorite Scripture
If you’re like us, you’re probably finding new and enriching passages of scripture all the time that deepen your connection with God. When you discover new passages like these, Dwell makes it simple to bookmark them as favorites so that you can easily return to them day after day. Dwell also gives you the tools to not only listen to scripture, but to memorize and meditate on it too.
Browse & Discover Scripture
Dwell also has been called "the Spotify of Scripture" because of how easy (and delightful!) it is to explore the Bible. Browse popular Bible verses or curated playlists that include select verses by theme. Use our Listening Plans to help you cultivate a habit of seeking God in Scripture every day. Or take the traditional approach: pick your favorite book and dive in!
Experience Scripture Afresh
Six beautiful recordings of the Holy Bible—each showcasing a distinct and inspiring voice—are currently available in the app (with new recordings in the works!). Switch between voices and even background music on-the-fly without losing your place in the audio! Dwell’s intimate background music, composed by Steinway Artist, Chad Lawson, will draw you into the text. Plus, Dwell also invites you to experience the Bible through art! Every book, story, playlist, and plan is accompanied by beautiful artwork.
Access all of the Bible online or offline by signing up for a free 7-day trial. Download Dwell now and transform the way you experience scripture.
OUR FREE 7-DAY TRIAL GIVES YOU ACCESS TO ALL OF DWELL:
• Enjoy 6 distinct voice recordings of the Bible
• Choose ESV Bible, NIV Bible, or KJV Bible
• Search and listen to scripture with ease
• Explore the Bible like never before
• Favorite passages you cherish
• Get reminders to listen to the Daily Bible Verse
• Download and listen to scripture offline
• Repeat and reflect on scripture at any time
• Layer intimate background music into your scripture listening experience
• Enjoy beautiful album art for every book of the Bible, Listening Plan, Playlist, Story, and curated Passage
• Experience a clean, intuitive UI design, showcasing a dark color scheme to help you focus on what matters
• Unlimited access to…
• 75+ Listening Plans, e.g., The Bible in a Year, The Parables of Jesus, etc., that guide you through books or topics one day at a time
• 260+ curated Passages of the most popular Bible verses - a wonderful place to begin if you’re unsure of where to start
• 60+ Playlists that help you travel through scripture by theme
WHAT CAN I DO WITH DWELL?
• Listen to any verse of the Bible
• Memorize any verse using our repeat feature
• Meditate on verses using our repeat and reflect feature
• Sleep to the Bible
DWELL SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS
Dwell offers either an auto-renewing subscription or a one-time, “Lifetime” purchase of the app:
• Dwell Annual: $29.99 per year (after free 7-day Trial)
• Dwell Lifetime: $149.99 (one-time purchase)
These prices are for US customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Your Dwell subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can go to your iTunes Account settings to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renew. Your iTunes Account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
Find our terms and conditions here:
2020.14 is a small update to fix a couple rough edges on the underlying behavior of the sleep timer.
In 2020.13, we introduced a long-anticipated Sleep Timer feature and polished a number of rough edges in the process:
* The screens that display to choose voice / music / etc. in the player have been updated to allow for scrolling - so as we add more voices we don't run out of room!
* Voice-selection screens now also display country flags
* Some users who signed up for a subscription within the app couldn't see their newly-paid-for services without restarting the application.
* Phones stopped reporting their time zone, which makes it rather difficult to set an accurate listening plan or daily listen reminder!
* Fixed a couple of UI elements to be compatible with iOS 14
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Innovative, Quality App
The Narrators are very good, they don’t over-do the reading, and they are smooth, consistent, and clear. The Dwell mode (repeating a chapter, book, or playlist) is probably my favorite feature as it allows you to really focus on a particular portion of Scripture for study, contemplation, or memorization. The pre-set playlists also set this app apart, as there are selections with messianic Psalms, or with only Psalms written by David, or with a compilation of Jesus’ parables. I don’t know if any other apps that offer these features, or that execute it so well. I also enjoy the yearly reading plan options with the choice of going straight through the Bible (Genesis through Revelation), or a mixture of Old and New Testament readings, and also the option of doing a seven day a week or a five day a week plan. All in all, I rate this app five stars.
One suggestion that I have is that the developers made a reader option with all of the readers together almost like a dramatized version, but just switch to the female voice when a woman is speaking and switching between the male narrators during conversion. This would require no extra recording, only re-editing and re-arranging when certain voices are heard. This feature in other apps helps me to follow historical stories more easily and it holds my attention better than the traditional single-reader style.
Love it more than I thought I would!
I didn’t plan on purchasing a subscription when I first downloaded this because I haven’t been doing too well financially. However, I heard great things about this app and have been wanting to read the Bible but have very little time to actually sit down and read it (especially the way I want to) so I thought I’d give this a try with the intention of canceling after a week. As soon as I started in the book of Genesis, I loved it and decided this app would be a necessity to my lifestyle and a tool for my spiritual growth. So I couldn’t bring myself to cancel. I think this is well-worth the investment, especially if you’re like me and trying to get the word in whenever you can and as much as you can 💪🏼.
I also highly suggest this for anyone who’s new to the Bible (I’m new) because of how simply and beautifully structured this app is. I can tell a lot of thought has been put into this app to spread the word of just how great our God is. 💛 I’ve tried other bible reading apps (free ones) but none of them stuck with me like this one does. I really love this app and will use this as a daily staple.
Thankful for Dwell!
Hello! I am on day 2 into listening to Dwell and wanted to share with you what an incredible blessing it has been! First of all, I am the owner of a podcast called Oh Hey Truth, to equip women to know the Word and know how to know it so that they can live it out in their lives! It’s target is 18-28 year olds. We heard about Dwell from several listeners and I finally decided to try it. IT IS AMAZING! Seriously. There was a need and y’all met it. I’m so grateful to have it and now to share it with our listeners.
My second reason is that I have a very painful and all consuming disability that leaves me bed-ridden a lot. I listen to a lot of worship music and try other bible reading apps, but with the pain it was like fingernails on a chalkboard, you know. I really struggled the last 24 hours to get the pain under control with even the strongest of meds. Now, Dwell did not take my pain away BUT it was easy for me to listen to and was so soothing. The music and Rosie’s voice calmed my mind and my spirit. I am so grateful. I may sound like a quack, but I am not. I am just so so grateful that the Lord met me through your app. THANK YOU!
- Dwell App, LLC
- 82.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2020 Dwell App, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Dwell Annual w/ Trial $29.99
- Dwell Premium Monthly $2.99
- Dwell Annual $28.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.