DxSpot is your mobile access into the Amateur Radio DX cluster network and contact Logbook for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
With DxSpot you can connect to the DX cluster of your choice. The internal database supplies the connection parameters to over 300 DX clusters. Once connected enjoy formatted table views of DX spots, capture your contacts in the Logbook, display ARRL DXCC information including bands/mode worked, confirmed and DXCC granted. Display connected users, cluster announcements, colorized WWV propagation data, and latest DX news.
Please note: This application is for licensed Amateur Radio operators. A valid amateur radio call sign is required. Please refer to http://www.GreenCreekTechnology.com/apps/DxSpot for more information.
- The DxSpot database contains the connection parameters for over 300 Internet DX Clusters
- Add your favorite clusters to the Favorites list
- Create custom connection parameters to access private or new clusters
- Automatic cluster logon including optional password entry
- Telnet access to the cluster console
- Ability to enter cluster commands
- Monitor DX spots in real time creating formatted table displays
- Display DX by Date/Time or Frequency
- Filter DX Spots by the spotter or DX station call sign, DXCC Prefix, CQ or ITU zones, band or mode
- Visible and audible DX spot alerting
- Capture DX contacts in the Logbook
- World maps showing the location of the DX, along with the range, bearing and great circle path between your location and the DX (Location services are required)
- Export the Logbook in CSV or ADIF format
- Import your existing Logbook keeping track of all your contacts
- Support for QRZ.COM XML LogBook Data (QRZ.COM XML subscription required)
- Support for HamQTH XML callbook search (HamQTH account required)
- Display colorized WWV propagation data
- Display users currently connected to the cluster
- Display cluster announcements
- Automatic QRZ.COM WEB page search by DX, spotter or User call signs
- DXCC entity display containing: DXCC country name, flag, DXCC prefix, entity number, continent, CQ / ITU zones, latitude/longitude and GMT time offset
- DXCC entity displays the bands/modes worked, QSL confirmed and DXCC granted
- DXCC entity displayable on the world map
- Display DX news from the Ohio/Penn, ARRL, 425 DX, Dx World and DXCOFFEE
- Display Contest and DXpedition Calendars
- Display HF Nets
- Integrated Help
- Added support for CW and RTTY Skimmer Server direct connection
- Add UTC time to DX Spot display
- Added support for cluster skimmer spots
- Cluster database update
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
They don’t answer emails
My DX SPOT crashes when I try to import my logbook. I have sent 3 emails to company over a month, but no answers. I have lived this app in the past, but it’s useless to me now.
March 24, 2018: Still no reply from author. Is he alive?
I rely on this app to alert me if wanted entities. You can enter multiple call signs separated by a comma to alert multiple call signs. Information is very reliable. Worth the price
Still no response ... August 2018
Different user same outcome... no response from the developer.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.