Head-swapping fan-favorite Dynamite Headdy is now available on mobile! Play free and rediscover SEGA’s quirky classic!
On-stage rampage! The theater world can be deadly, especially where Dynamite Headdy works! As star of the Treasure Theater Show, Headdy must thwart the jealous Dark Demon and his keymaster henchmen from taking over the world! Collect Power-Up Heads for amazing abilities like invincibility, flight, and laser-firing nostrils (yes, really!), and save the planet! Remember – a cool head always prevails!
Dynamite Headdy joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought back to life on mobile!
- Use Headdy's spring-loaded head to swing over ledges, grab onto objects, and even shoot hoops in the basketball bonus round!
- Wear 18 diiferent heads that can freeze time, explode, vacuum up every enemy in sight, and more!
- Battle and best 28 different bosses across dozens of Scenes!
- The original level select code still works! Do you remember it?
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- HAPTIC SUPPORT: get into the game with responsive button presses
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
- JAPANESE VERSION HAS BEEN ADDED - you can access it by selecting “Game Version” in the Main Menu.
"You couldn't ask anything more of a platform action game." [96%] - Chris Slate, Game Players Vol. 7 Issue #10 (October 1994)
"A joy to play." [93%] - Paul Bufton, Mean Machines SEGA #25 (November 1994)
"Dynamite Headdy breathes new life into this stale genre." [92%] - Rik Skews, Computer & Video Games #155 (October 1994)
DYNAMITE HEADDY TRIVIA
- The Japanese version of the game is quite different, with alternate boss skins, easier difficulty, and more in-game text!
- Headdy, star of the show, is known as the "Champion of truth, justice, and bananas everywhere."
- A cut-down port of the game was also released on the Game Gear worldwide, and for the Master System in Brazil
- Each level's title is a reference to famous movie or TV show... can you figure them all out?
DYNAMITE HEADDY HISTORY
- Dynamite Headdy was released worldwide in 1994
- Developed by: Treasure
- Director: Hiroshi Aso
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
Other than for users known to be under 13, this game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Dynamite Headdy, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A faithful port but...
This is a Nice port my only problem is The slow down I listen to some of the song on the sound test but they suffered to be good why you ask because of the slow down if you can fix this bug that be Great but other that it’s a good port overall
A "HEAD" in the right direction!
Now, Sonic is amazing and I'm glad to see it's growth. But Dynamite Headdy? I've never even HEARD of it until I looked at the trailer for it being on mobile. I was excited to see what it really was and bought the game. And I'm glad I was excited, because this is pretty good! But in the next update, I'd like to see where you can make the Japanese version have English text. Great game overall, and others should play it, too! :D
I luv dis game but one thingamajing PLZ ADD SONIC 3 AND K mobile edition to default forever You guys made a kickstarter for s3k for mobile but instead you made sega forever. So add s3k plz also add the following games:. Sonic adventure 1 and 2,With controller support and you dpad support on the phoneshfmfnfj never mind. Also add Sanic Heroros and plz message Nintendo to do there own sega forever thing
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sega America
- 126.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Game Controller
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Dynamite Headdy, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.