Dyrii is an unusual journaling tool for life loggers, travelers, quantified self-enthusiasts, and practically anyone looking to record key moments of their life. It supports both active and passive (auto) journaling and is perfect for recording things retroactively.
With Dyrii, you can take rich text entries containing inline photos, audio, video, location geo-tags, health/mood tags, and weather information. You can even capture handwritten entries using Apple Pencil on iPad.
Here are some usage examples:
- Write privately instead of on social media.
- On busy days, capture photos, audio, video on the go.
- Automatically log all the places you visit in a day
- Keep notes on your health and mood.
- Effortlessly write using a library of templates specialized for dream notes, gratitude, annual resolutions, CBT, Health & wellness etc.
>> KEY FEATURES:
• Timeline for all your private posts and activities.
• Record rich text, photos, audio, video, sketches, handwritten notes.
• Advanced Editor with inline formatting and multiple attachments.
• Automatic Journal to keep a log of all the places you visit each day.
• Perspectives - provides various views into your data such as Time Travel, Map View, Places Visited etc.
• Sketch Library - gain full access to sketch backgrounds.
• Day/Week View to easily glimpse through your days.
• Tags for organizing and indexing your own way
• Health & Mood tracker - to keep notes about health incidents
• Creative Slate to sketch, doodle, or create handwritten notes with the Apple Pencil
• Sync your data across Mac, iPhone, and iPad
• Private Storage to securely store your data in your iCloud Account
• Offline Mode to store data locally on the device for additional privacy
• Other features such as Passcode & Touch ID, Reminders, Print to PDF, and import data from other apps
>> SUPPORT COMMUNITY
We'd love to answer your questions or just hear what you think about Dyrii.
Find us online at:
Support Center: http://community.dyrii.com
This is a maintenance release with following bug fixes:
- Editor view no longer clips content to the right side on iPad.
- Sketch/Handwriting pages are no longer inserted in reverse order when entering via the editor.
- Export view no longer clips on iPad.
- Sketch line width no longer resets to default on new pages.
- Editor toolbar buttons are now more responsive to touch and taps.
- Resolved an issue that caused passcode to not work in some cases.
Ratings and Reviews
Solid Features - Poor Handwriting
This falls into the category of an app I really wanted to love. It has everything I was looking for in a journal. However, after the two days of having hand written journal entries just disappear or not apply changes, I cannot recommend it if your looking at it for Apple Pencil support. You can write just fine, just don’t have any confidence that what you write will be there after hitting save. The raw frustration felt after spending $10 on an app, spending time getting your thoughts on the page, and having them disappear into the ether is immense!
Unfortunately, I think I’ll be going back to Nebo when writing even if it lacks the really rich journaling features here which is disappointing.
Developer Response ,
We have fixed this issue in our latest release (v1.21). Please drop us an email at email@example.com to discuss more.
Fantastic; easily imported data from DayOne
I've enjoyed DayOne for the past couple years. In that time, DayOne switched to a subscription model. If you want app updates, you have to move to this subscription model. This pricing modr could be fine, but unfortunately, they no longer let you store your data directly on iCloud. That's a deal breaker for me.
This prompted me to look around. Found this app.
Hesitant at first. The salmon-colored branding and developer tag-team worried me. There was also a rather hefty upfront cost (for me, $10 iOS, $40 Mac). I did have *some* hope Dyrii would work out because of their commitment to preserving data for future generations of apps (ie. No platform/vendor lock-in). I was also glad to see they let you choose to sync to either your local device or iCloud.
I started with the iOS app and imported all of my DayOne entries (about 1GB in size, via JSON format). To both DayOne and Dyrii's credit, the process was painless on both sides (exporting from DayOne and importing into Dyrii).
Since using it one thing I've noticed is how responsive/snappy their app is... Enjoy the dark color scheme. It tracks relevant metrics.
This is about 1 week in so far and couldn't be happier.
The worst thing so far - without a doubt - is the name Dyrii. It's a phonetically creative neologism, but I have had to train my brain to type "Dy" instead of "dry" in the search bar.
Hands down the best journal app
I used Day One before it added encryption back in 2014; I had been devoted to MacJournal since and had to look for an alternative because MacJournal for iPad does not seem to work well syncing across platforms. I also tried Journey before Dyrii but ran into immediate road blocks because it only supports import from Day One. I was able to import into Dyrii flawlessly with years of journaling intact. In addition, I am able to use Dyrii on iPad, iPhone and Mac effortlessly! I am simply in love with Dyrii since it works syncing across platforms, easy portability from other journaling apps, geolocation, tagging, and Audio notes – all features that make this a powerful journaling app. I post way more with Dyrii! Thanks for creating such an awesome and superior product, I couldn’t wait to buy the Premium version!
- Dyrii LLC
- 32.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Dyrii LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.