Organize files, archive mail
C-Command Software, LLC
Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes organizing and managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a familiar three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, snippet collector, and document organizer. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, manage your bookmarks, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, sort photos, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
- The capture key works better with MarsEdit 5 and OmniFocus.
- Updated the following sections of the manual:
- Importing Mail From Outlook
- Searching From Other Applications
- Updated to version 1.5.5 of the SkimNotes framework.
- Added “VenturaGenericIconsWorkaround” to the esoteric preferences to help customers who are seeing the macOS 13 issue where PDF and movie icons are sometimes shown as blank.
- Worked around a macOS issue that could cause a crash when a hot key was pressed.
- Fixed a problem where auto-completion of tag names with diacritical marks could interfere with creating a new tag having different diacritical marks.
- Fixed an error highlighting PDF search matches.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a moment to rate it or leave a review. We’d really appreciate it.
Ratings and Reviews
Clever and versatile
My primary reason for buying this was to safely archive my email in case Apple Mail mangles my old messages during a macOS upgrade. But it’s obviously useful for many more organizational needs. This is not the easiest software to learn, so I used the 30-day free trial from the website to take time with the online manual and understand how it works. After only a week or two of testing with my files, I decided this was a definite BUY. The only reason I dropped a star is that it is not the most intuitive software to learn, but it will reward those who stick with it and study it.
What I needed was a simple mbox file viewer to look at my email archive I had downloaded from Gmail. I always wanted to reach inbox zero and this app made it possible. It was exaclty what I was looking for...simple to import and easy to search through. Had no hiccups at all.
Update: Figured it out
I am updating this review. Initially, I was unable to select multiple mailboxes in Apple Mail and have the program work (granted these were very large mailboxes). However, when I selected individual mailboxes, even the large ones, it seemed to work fine.
Developer Response ,
There’s no limit. If you press the capture key in Apple Mail, EagleFiler will show a camera badge on its Dock icon while it asks Mail which messages you have selected. For a large mailbox, you’ll need to wait for this to finish before doing something else in EagleFiler or Mail. A status window should pop up every few seconds to update you on the progress.
We’ve not received any other reports of problems importing mail, so please contact email@example.com so that we can look into what’s happening here. It’s not clear from your message whether it’s crashing (app unexpectedly quitting) or freezing (app not responding). Either way, this page explains how you can include the information that we would need in order to help: https://c-command.com/eaglefiler/help/what-information-should
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- C-Command Software, LLC
- 32.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, French, German, Korean, Russian
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2023 C-Command Software
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.