Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes organizing and managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a familiar three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, snippet collector, and document organizer. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, manage your bookmarks, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, sort photos, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
- You can now import to EagleFiler using the **Share** button in Apple News.
- The keyboard shortcuts for the **EagleFiler: Import** and **EagleFiler: Import With Options** services are now Command-Shift-1 and Command-Option-Shift-1 because the old shortcuts using the number 5 conflict with the new **Screenshot and recording options** command in macOS 10.14.
- When capturing from Microsoft Outlook or Entourage, EagleFiler now preserves the message's to-do completed status as a tag.
- EagleFiler is better at reading malformed mbox files.
- Displaying AudioNote files is faster.
- When importing mail, if EagleFiler skips a message because it's a duplicate or marked as deleted, it will add a note to the mailbox explaining this, so that you don't wonder why the message count is different from what you saw in your mail program.
- When closing a library that has active operations in the **Activity** window, EagleFiler is better at waiting until they have been canceled, so it's less likely that you'll get the alert sheet about not being able to close the library because it's busy.
- Improved indexing performance by skipping certain file types that could be slow and didn't need to be indexed, anyway.
- EagleFiler now integrates with Hook.
- Updated the "How can I put my library on my iPhone?" section of the manual.
- The "import text" and "import plain text" script commands now let you create an empty document, e.g. if you want a blank file to send to another app for editing or to record some metadata.
- Worked around an issue in macOS 10.14 that prevented EagleFiler from using Spotlight importer plug-ins, leading to Excel, OmniOutliner, and other document types not being indexed.
- Worked around a Spotlight change in macOS 10.14.4 that prevented indexing from working.
- Worked around bugs in third-party Spotlight importers that returned the wrong type of data.
- Worked around a Quick Look issue that could cause hangs when clicking to view a record.
- Worked around an issue where macOS would offer to Quick Look a link in an e-mail, but doing so would cause an internal error.
- Worked around a change in macOS 10.14 to restore the highlight ring when dragging and dropping onto the records list.
- Importing an ENEX file that references a missing attachment no longer causes an internal error.
- When capturing from Microsoft Entourage, EagleFiler now picks a default folder name rather than failing if Entourage reports an error getting the folder name.
- EagleFiler now skips over damaged metadata files instead of halting the import with an error.
- EagleFiler now logs to Console if a file triggers slowness in a Spotlight importer, to help track down problem files and importers.
- Fixed the colors in the "quick entry" text view when using Dark Mode.
- Fixed an internal error when parsing an invalid e-mail date that could lead to a mailbox not being imported.
- Fixed a bug where some MIME text was not decoded properly.
- Fixed a bug where importing from MailTags 6 didn't work.
- Fixed a bug where the capture key didn't work with MarsEdit 4.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a minute to rate it or leave a review. We’d really appreciate it.
Ratings and Reviews
trouble with app store version; download fixed it
The version downloaded from app store refused to open, but I was able to download directly from the website to get things working again.
Developer Response ,
Please contact us via e-mail and include an error report https://c-command.com/eaglefiler/help/sending-in-an-error-rep and we’ll try to help. Most EagleFiler users have already updated, and we’ve not received any other reports like this. That and the fact that the problem occurs before EagleFiler loads seem to suggest an issue with the store or something specific to your Mac.
Tags with Spaces!
Woo hoo, tag can finally have spaces!
I haven’t tested it yet, but the app shoud finally play nicely with my existing files (which was a major annoyance for me in the last version).
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. Now that tags are a native macOS feature, you make a great point that EagleFiler tags should work the same way. As of EagleFiler 1.8.2, they do.
EagleFiler is the best of the bunch.
I am a big fan of EagleFiler and suggest you read my review of version 1.5.3 which you will find under the "All Versions" tab. Suffice it to say that I have purchased and tried almost every application in this class and found all of the others lacking in some significant way. For me, EagleFiler stands alone as the one that meets all of my needs. With this most recent version (1.5.4) I would like to add one new point I forgot to mention in my earlier review: C-Command Software is very active about polishing and improving this product. Look at the list of "What's New in 1.5.4" above and you will see a pattern of great attention to detail. Don't let the price of EagleFiler scare you away. This is the best of the bunch and worth the money.
- C-Command Software, LLC
- 14.2 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Korean
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 C-Command Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.