Ever wished you could go back to the good ol' times, the ones where pixels were as large as flies and the contrasting colors seemed to pop out of the screen? Well, now you can.
Early Computer is designed to recreate the experience that was long lost. No breathtaking animations, no pointless CPU use, no spectacular 3D graphics; its just back to the basics. To write a document, boot up one of the computers and tap that keyboard to your heart's content! Want to save your 8-bit masterpiece? Go ahead and do so! Want to share it with friends and family? Click that share button and save as PDF in your iBooks library or send as email attachment!
Write your text, create your own ASCII art, or just write as if you had just traveled back in time. With Early Computers you can express that nerd potential that is hidden inside yourself!
** ATTENTION! This app is not an emulator; it's a text editor that recreates the feel of the oldest computer interfaces
- 6 amazing retro computer interfaces, the first one is completely FREE.
- Tech specs for each of those bad boys.
- Old school graphics.
- Vintage keyboard.
- 8bit chiptune music and sound effects.
- Save up to 10 text documents.
- HUGE high definition pixels that make no justice to the display potential of your iPad!
With in-App purchases you can:
- Unlock more computer interfaces and save your text.
- Create PDFs from your text and save in your iBooks library.
- Share your PDFs as email attachment.
- Purchasing the FULL PACK you can unlock all the interfaces at once, remove ads and save unlimited text documents.
For any suggestions, problems or requests, please contact us at email@example.com
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
Pointless, But Cool!
I would rate it 5 stars if you didnt have to pay for some computers. Its pretty dumb to do that. Anyway cool app.
Neat Idea, Needs More
I like the idea of old system keyboards and screens but there are a couple areas for improvement. The keyboards can't keep up with my fast typing and have a lag and catch-up cycle that is annoying. I tried turning the music off but the keyboards still lag. Another improvement would be different sounds for each keyboard. Right now they all make the same sound. :(
These are just some screens made to look like old computer screens. Which is nice. But I can do the same thing with some fonts and a document editor. And the keyboard, while having a nice clackity sound, is very dicey to type on. A bit of emulation and programmability would do the concept justice. The chip tune loop is cute, as are the few graphics. It's worth a look see.
The developer, Rehegoo, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Rehegoo SP. Z O.O.
- 6.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Rehegoo
- In-App Purchases
- Early Computer Full Pack $7.99
- Early Computer Interface #4 $2.99
- Early Computer Interface #2 $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.