Apple TV Screenshots
Earthlapse turns your display into a window aboard the International Space Station. Enjoy beautiful 4K HDR views from space on your Apple TV. Includes both mastered time-lapse views and ISS HDEV live views. Captured by astronauts aboard the ISS and mastered by the Magic Window crew this app offers the highest fidelity ISS video ever produced.
- 4K 3840x2160 10-bit HDR visuals (Apple TV 4K)
- HD compatible works great on 4th generation ATV
- 20 unique views captured by ISS astronauts
- 8 relaxing soundtracks, or listen to your own music
- Live view from ISS HDEV cameras (when available)
- On-screen clock with 4 styles and 2 sizes
- 4 color filters including stunning black & white
- 5 speeds of playback from "fastest" to "slowest"
- Built with Metal for ultra smooth performance
- Anti-burn-in slowly moves text to protect your display
- Made exclusively for Apple TV
The app download contains 4 views and the remaining views are automatically downloaded as you use the app. The app contains a total of 2 gigabytes of views made from over 20,000 photos.
Fans of Earthlapse on Apple TV should check out the app on iPad and iPhone (sold separately). Carry the earth around with you on your iPhone or iPad!
All Images courtesy of the Image Science & Analysis Laboratory, NASA Johnson Space Center. Special thanks to astronaut Don Pettit who inspired this app.
Apple TV 4K required for 4K HDR resolution. Runs in HD 1920x1080 on the 4th generation Apple TV.
NOTE: This app does not function as the Apple TV screen saver. It must be launched independently like other apps.
- Improves appearance of text on HDR displays (2.0.1 update)
- Minor bug fixes and improvements (2.0.1 update)
- 4K HDR 10-bit HEVC Metal visuals (Apple TV 4K)
- Crisp 3840x2160 resolution (Apple TV 4K)
- tvOS 10 & 11 compatible please contact us if you have any issues
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Playback flickers & stutters
I got this app because I love the new Apple TV 4K screensaver videos from space; wanted a way to select only the ISS footage sometimes (not mixed in with city/landscape). Playback isn’t smooth like it is in the built-in screen saver. Image flickers and stutters slightly, which ruins the the otherwise beautiful clear view from orbit. Very disappointed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.